• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

os 90 for sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Cat

have a os 90 needs piston/sleeve and con rod. Looking for sale as whole or parts. Not sure what its worth. none broken parts in good condition hardly any run time.

Sorry to hear about your OS. I had problems with flexshaft/ferrule connections when I put a Zenoah in a 40" mono. I tried the red loc-tite, no help. Then I bought some silver solder, used that and staked the ferrule. By staking I took a center punch and made a two dents in the middle of the ferrule taper 180° apart, after I had soldered the ferrule to the shaft. Like Morten said, make sure you clean the shaft and ferrule with alcohol,then give both a good dose of the acid flux that usually comes with the silver solder, then solder. Sweat your solder in so you don't get any carbon down between the shaft and ferrule. This should be bullet proof. With this connection I have spun out cinch collets, twisted flexshafts, jumped wakes, and have yet to get these to break loose. Make sure you have your flexshaft length right because you wont get a second chance after you stake it. I now use a square drive due to the collet problems.

Good luck and have fun

What sort of O.S is it? is it a 91VR-DF converted to marine or a 81VR-M converted to a 90 by any chance? It should have it written on the crankcase?

Back