Oil %

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that when the weather gets cold 60 deg the .100 spray bar I have will put to much fuel in the eng when running 55%. I have to lean the eng to much and end up taking the plug no holes or seizing.

David
What does reducing fuel flow at the spray bar do differently than reducing it at the needle?

Steve

I see your question has had no replies, but I understand what you are asking.

Fuel flow is gauged by your needle setting.

Question is , how does spray bar dia.effectively pertain to induction performance

on the 2 strokes from .21's to the bigger 101's ?
I'll give it a try, might be easier to look at a funny car / dragster engine, running current blend of 15% gas and 85% nitro in big block engines,with no water cooling, with a big blower on top, specially made high dollar dual spark plugs, hand crafted by (Steve woods) in his basement in Burlington, Iowa (HA HA), with special high pressure and high flow fuel pumps,running dual 60,000 mags, allow these engines to make incredible amounts of horse power based on the large amounts of air and fuel they cram into the engines. There problem is not being able to put more fuel and air into the engines but being able to burn and keep burning the fuel during the entire current run with out putting out the flame, with to much fuel in a cylinder or burning out the plugs prematurely.

In our boating world, with different sizes of engines and different manufacture's, different glow plug manufacturers and heat ranges, different timing numbers, and different carb sizes and spray bar sizes, different pipes and pipe lengths, many different props, water cooling and engines that vary in there piston to cylinder fit,(tight to worn out) there are alot of variables to play with, the spray bar is probably the one that is the last to look at. By Just making more fuel available with a bigger spray bar the problem is still being able to make enough heat to burn the fuel. An example is my 23 lb mono, which I have raced with a .67/.84 and 90 engines, in the hotter months I run a .110 size spray with a .590 carb, because of the hot air and the warm 85 degree water and I keep a tight interference on the piston and liner, I am able to burn the fuel very easily. However, when he weather starts to cool down, mid 70 ( nitro is alot harder harder to burn), and water temp in the low 60's, I can lean the third channel down until the engine quits,(runs out of fuel), and it will not rev no mater what I do until I install the .85 thos spray bar and the .550 carb. There is a close relationship to the carb size and the spray bar size and allowing the engine to build heat with small adjustments on the third channel. Putting more fuel and more air in the engine has the potential for more Xpower which also relates to more heat in the engine to help burn the larger volume of fuel.

Hope this helps

dick

Thanks Dick you were the one who explained it to me. Was hoping you would chime in.

Now if I could only get Tommy to hook me up with his temp control module for testing.

David

Back