Next Hr Project = Gen 3 Backlash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

Now that I have the Gas Road Runner dialed in (or -closer- to dialed in) thanks to Ralph's help @ the Spring Nats... it's time to jump on my next project. This Gen 3 Backlash was built by Bob Blazer and painted by my Dad (Don Huff). I am building a Big block Zenoah to go in it w/ a 1.6mm Tiger king stroker crank. She should be FAST when it's all said and done...

Later,

Lamar

Great looking boat! Where can we get the kits now? I noticed Blazer wasn't selling them...I mistakenly sold my Whiplash and want to build another kit....Kip

Thanks!

I read on the Zipp Kits FaceBook page a while back that Joe was talking to Brian about the possibility of taking over the manufacturing and distribution of the Blazer Marine line. Not sure if that went through or not...

You might try shooting Brian or Joe an E-mail.

Lamar

Great looking boat Lamar. What's the matter, running low on yellow paint??? .
default_tongue.png
That wood is too pretty to cover up anyway. Good luck with her!!

Can't wait to try mine. But my other 2 backlashes(earlier versions) are dialed in. 26cc M&D pushing it at 81mph. yours looks great

Chilli: Thanks! No, plenty of YELLOW paint left, but I hated to hide Bob's craftsmanship! If I would have built it myself it would have been SOLID YELLOW... to hide all the filler and and throughs!!! LOL

Jerry: I saw the current IMPBA 2 lap record holder (Troy Hammons) run in Huntsville last year... I think you may be right!
default_cool.png

Doug: Thanks man! One more customer engine grind and one cutomer rebuild to go and I can jump back on this project!

Jesse: Thank you sir... I had a Gen 1, but it got hit hard a few times and just as I was really getting her dialed in the sponson came apart during a heat. I sold it off and the guy that pieced it back together has it running really well. I have high hopes for this one!

Thanks,

Lamar

looks great !

just received my new gen 3/carbon light built by ron cook, cant wait to start dialing !

Back