New Krylon paint ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all last time i painted a boat with Krylon paint was 6 yrs ago i have been told they have changed the formula reading the instructions on the can the claim is it dries within 10 minutes . How long would would i have to wait to safely mask over top of Krylon's new formula ? Since im doing a 3 tone paint job. I also like to spray 3 coats of clear coat on top of my paint jobs to seal the paint .What results have modeler's had with the new Krylon paint? Regards Andris Golts.

Hi all last time i painted a boat with Krylon paint was 6 yrs ago i have been told they have changed the formula reading the instructions on the can the claim is it dries within 10 minutes . How long would would i have to wait to safely mask over top of Krylon's new formula ? Since im doing a 3 tone paint job. I also like to spray 3 coats of clear coat on top of my paint jobs to seal the paint .What results have modeler's had with the new Krylon paint? Regards Andris Golts.
If it's warm out you could likely do it in a half hour. The stuff does dry quick. Use some green tape to be on the safe side. Obviously if you prep/scuff the area first you will be better off.

As far as the clear coat, wait 24 hours or longer, the can may say how long for a full cure, I don't recall. The best thing would be to test the clearcoat on a painted scrap, to see if it will lift the Krylon.

yes they changed it. I have some two yearold cans. You can smell the differents. Too me I dont care for it. The older ones have better bite and drys faster then this new stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just painted a model rocket with my granddaughters using white Krylon primer and Krylon "Fusion" (I believe thats what it was called...supposed to adhere to plastic)and i was surprised how nice the job came out...though the can says dries in 10 minutes it also says not to handle it for an hour....the primer sanded really well for rattlecan primer and the paint laid down really nice..the nozzle on the can even had a real Fan pattern...like i said i wasnt expecting the kind of finish we ended up with....i sure wouldnt be afraid to shoot an electric boat with the stuff! it was kinda nice to be lazy and shoot paint right out of a can...no mixing, no air compressors and no CLEAN UP! :D

I just painted a model rocket with my granddaughters using white Krylon primer and Krylon "Fusion" (I believe thats what it was called...supposed to adhere to plastic)and i was surprised how nice the job came out...though the can says dries in 10 minutes it also says not to handle it for an hour....the primer sanded really well for rattlecan primer and the paint laid down really nice..the nozzle on the can even had a real Fan pattern...like i said i wasnt expecting the kind of finish we ended up with....i sure wouldnt be afraid to shoot an electric boat with the stuff! it was kinda nice to be lazy and shoot paint right out of a can...no mixing, no air compressors and no CLEAN UP! :D
ya and there not fuel proof thats why you need to use a automotive two part clears on them.I like the old kryon's better.

Latest posts

Back