neu rigger build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck st romain

ok for those of you who dont allready know, I LOVE THE JAE RIGGERS!

i have had 2 x 12 nitro, 21 nitro, 12 FE, 21FE. the FE's both run ul-1 spec set-ups. they are great boats running in the high 50's, they run smooth and dont wiggle, wobble or give me any suprises at that speed. it is the best handling boat i have ever driven, it goes exactly where you tell it to. with that said it is time to build another one that is faster. my set-up is as follows:

JAE 21 FE kit

neu 1415 1y

OSE ul-1 cooling jacket

castle hydra 240

5000mah 40c 4s

hitec hs225mg

Jim M strut

zippkits rudder

.187 flex

marks h7,1450 my own s/b detounged 1650, 1452

i started by building the sponsons and am now on the tub. so far i have layed 5oz CF on the interior and doubled it around the bulkheads. here are pics so far and i will post more as i make progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Chuck.....I was so dissapointed at Hobart when the JAE team had their 6S JAE 21FE there but he smoked the ESC the week before so I didnt see it run :) They have run 90+mph with it....sick!

Larry Jr.

a little more today, got the servo mount in, linkage and rudder mocked up. stuffing tube installed and sealed on top. the rudder seal is one from redline, i will never use any other. also notice the titainium pushrod, this was given to me by one of my buddies that is into jets and i have been waiting for something that required a short rod to use it. the longest one he gave me is 3" 440 thread. bottom ski is built and sealed, stuffing tube bent for the correct fit. tomorrow will try and fit the ski and strut...

i have thought about a jae fe with a 10s1p flightpower long pack and a CC ice100 HV ESC and a neu 1119 heli motor good for 40000rpm and under 100amp draw.

from my calculations the 16in lipo pack would fit no problems and weight distribution would be nice also.

you mentioned you dont want a spec setup and i see this setup as breakable. (with the right driver)

sorry i dont do pounds but i have estimated it less than 1kg rtr

i think with the larger motor, extra CF and bigger battery it will be less than 3/4 lb heaver than the stock spec 21fe. it isnt that i dont want a spec set-up, i allready have both a modified 12 and 21fe version of the jae riggers... this one is just for fun, i run 3-4 times a week and just want something to bring out every once and a while to remind the nitro guys that they should take the FE guys seriously. my pond is small so i need something that runs mid to high 50's but pulls hard out of the corners. as far as my set-up being "breakable" i doubt it, the esc is overkill, motor is a neu and the weight is nothing considering i re-enforced everything durign the build.

weight over ul-1 motor/esc/4000mah

motor = 3oz

coupler/shaft 2 oz

esc 2.5 oz

battery 3.5oz

for a total of about 11 oz plus a little carbon fiber, also using a smaller servo and trinkets like titainum pushrod and no sub floor. i think the total difference should be under 1 lb and the total weight should be under 5 lbs that comes to about 2.25kg... my spec motor 21fe jae rigger is just over 4lbs rtr and i am still using the hollow boom tubes.

at any rate the last couple days have gone like this

sand, resin, sand, resin, sand, primer, sand, paint... 3 coats of color today

Chuck,

You're going to like that 1415/1Y. It will pull the 1650 without a problem. I've run the same combo in one of my Raptors. Back cut .100" at the hub, detongued with 4.25" cup. Ran a hair over 21 seconds (2-lap) on the 1/6 oval. Had to put the hot motor in to go faster.

Back