Mathe 35

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Heddin

Recently ran across this motor for sale. Any opinions?
This is seller's description:
"Motor is a· 35cc Competition extra. Manufactured in 1991 (castings), 1990 electronics, 1990 piston/sleeve.

· Short rod for more power less RPM

· Operation range is 10000 – 14000 RPM

· 6 Hp

· Designed for 2 hour enduro racing (accelerate’s like a train)

It is currently in an Aeromarine hull which is marginal in length (this motor loves big boats) "

Terry,
The Mathe 35's were decent motors for their day and based on the year you mentioned this is an earlier version compared to their more potent recent versions. They are quite large and heavy compared to Zenoah's and this particular motor probably would not be competitive if racing.

-Tyler

Terry,
The Mathe 35's were decent motors for their day and based on the year you mentioned this is an earlier version compared to their more potent recent versions. They are quite large and heavy compared to Zenoah's and this particular motor probably would not be competitive if racing.

-Tyler
Thanks,
Not racing, but looking to power a 68" Unlimited hydroplane.
How does the power compare with a G260?

Based on the specs, it's not great for a 35cc. A modified 30.5cc Zenoah should be equivalent with more RPM.
A lot would depend on the condition of the engine. If you can find an older Quickdraw 35cc or CMB35cc these may be alternatives.
Do you need a rear exhaust or will a side exhaust work for your hull?

Side exhaust will work fine. Price was pretty reasonable, if it would work, but looks like it might best be a pass.

With a motor that old, parts replacement might be an issue as well.
Save your money.
Mike

I had a 35 mathe in my 56 aero marine mono. Yes its heaven & I can't remember which model I had but it was a rocket . They may still make parts for that model. Reason is mathe wanted you to send the motor to them so they could get all the numbers correct, which I thought was crazy. I'm talking about the piston & liner. Not sure if they still want you to send motor back to them anymore. But you can buy a 35 cc that is lighter today than mathe. One other thing was when I hit the gas my boat would pull the front end out of the water like a motorcycle popping a wheelie. Strong motors. All those motors should have a reference number stamped on it so they know which model it is. Give them a call & see what you can find out from them.

Ran those several years ago, they are everything everyone has said about them. Strong but fragile if you rev them too high. Still have a couple.

Back