Mac's 3.5 high nitro pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
start at 8 3/4 and cut 1/4 off till you find the sweet spot. It will probaly be 8 1/2 but might be as small as 8 1/4

Measuring from the glow plug, down the center of the header, to the wide part of the pipe... 8 to 8 1/4 inch.

This is what has worked best for me with a CVRM. If you are running the stock engine, or something other than the CVRM, the tuned length you need might be different.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Measuring from the glow plug, down the center of the header, to the wide part of the pipe... 8 to 8 1/4 inch.
This is what has worked best for me with a CVRM. If you are running the stock engine, or something other than the CVRM, the tuned length you need might be different.

Sean

Thanks for the replys !! cut the intake end ? Right ?

Sean

Correct, always cut the engine/header end as it will get you to the right pipe length. Cutting the stinger (trailing) end will not accomplish that goal.

Sean

Correct, always cut the engine/header end as it will get you to the right pipe length. Cutting the stinger (trailing) end will not accomplish that goal.
Definitely cut the header side of the pipe to find the sweet spot. I have been told by a very reputable source that cutting the stinger can have positive affects. He was refering to larger gas engines though. I've never tried it on a nitro before. Any thoughts?

Ok so i got my pipe and header installed and i got a chance to run my boat yesterday . It ran great for the first tank of fuel and started to get slower and slower . I tried a few different needle settings and couldn't get it running good again . Finally i ended up burning up my first glow plug after 2 1/2 tanks of fuel . After trying a new glow plug it still wouldn't get it like the first tank . Finally i figured out the problem i'm losing fuel pressure at high rpm due to the stock tanks lame flip top and increased exhaust flow / pressure in the tank . I ran it on shore with the cowl off and goosed the throttle a few times and you could see the fuel coming out of the flip cap !! Does anyone know of a good after market fuel tank that i can buy that will work with my Miss Vegas ??

try replacing the o ring that seals the lid. fairly common on cars & trucks. i always keep a spare - consider it a maintainence item. my lhs keeps them in stock, 'cuz they sell a lot.............

or just replace the tank with a sullivan air plane tank but you will have to have some type of fuel pump

I went yesterday to my lhs and got a pro boat fuel tank i'm gonna try . It's a little smaller than the vegas tank 180cc /6.08 ounces . The pro boat is 160cc /5.41 ounces . I have not mounted it yet bit it looks like it will fit very well and much better design than the stock tank . I also got sum hotter fuel 65% . I was surprised at the price only $30 for the gallon . Thanks again for the help guys !!!!

R/C Country The Hobby Shop | 6011 Folsom Blvd Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916)731-5868

It is wildcat pro mix 18 % oil 65% nitro . Im sure there might be better brands but it's the only thing here i can find with higher nitro content than 30% locally . I've already went through a gallon of 45% wildcat and it ran well !!! No body i've found around here has much for boats !! Everytinig is for cars and planes :(

I double checked my recipt . To be exact it was $30.99 for a gallon + tax . My bad !! Still cheap !!! :rolleyes:

Back