Leecraft Tunnel Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graydds

I have one of the last 3.5 Leecraft tunnels made by Tommy Lee. I ran it for several seasons with a novarossi/K&B lower unit successfully. I'm converting it to P-Spec tunnel with UL1 motor, 4S etc. I’m adding height to my right sponson pad and to the non-hook pads. Richard Hazlewood’s mods also adds width to the sponson bottoms from the transom forward. My Leecraft has an added strake(flat area about 3/4” wide that extends forward as an anti trip) on the left sponson bottom. Was this removed in later Leecraft tunnels? Hazlewood’s figure of left sponson shows it to be flat at the transom with no stake. When I add a I/32” flat sponson pad I can do away with the strake. Might this improve handling? Any help on this out there?20120830_2.JPG

Take a pic of the bottom so I see if there have been any changes.

Sand the pad even with the existing sponsor pad. Do not leave the extended edge (strake). You will get much better performance. Also make sure the last 4" of the pads are perfectly flat and sharp on the edges.

Let us know how it runs....
default_smile.png

I converted an XTR-21 to P spec electric a long time ago. I would do it differently now, but at the time to was a reasonably competative boat.

Lohring Miller

P1010004.JPG

Some more pictures of the electric XTR-21 including racing Brian Buaas' Topspeed.

Lohring Miller

Electric Tunnels 5.jpg Electric Tunnels 2.jpg

Electric Tunnels 1.jpg Electric Tunnels 4.jpg

I'm waiting on a modified lower unit from Kris Flynn and I thank you Dr. Miller for your pictures. graydds

I think Jerry Dunlap took the pictures. Despite appearances, Brian kicked my butt.

Lohring Miller

is the water line hanging loose Lorhing ?

Love the buoy shot btw , if you dont punch one ever now and again, your not trying hard enough
default_wink.png

I think it is. Fortunately, the race didn't last long enough for it to matter. Below is the setup picture for the buoy clip. It's tough to beat Brian even from the inside. At least I get a few points for trying.

Lohring Miller

Electric Tunnels 1.jpg

Back