gas bag

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE MARSON

I have a CAL-CRAFT MONO with a Zenoah 260 it has a 16 oz. tank that only used 1/4 before running outa fuel....I want to replace with a bag....this is my 1st gasser and I want to do it right without guessing ...since I have to remove the engine to fix the tank might as well replace it with a bag....any suggestions would be great ...thanks

Attachments

• 1686938260170.png
    1686938260170.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
i run a 500 ml zipkit bag in all my gas boats, some use a gas bag holder, i just use rubber bands. make sure if the bag is laying flat against the fiberglass bottom that its smooth, a sharp edge may create a tear. these gas bags last about a year so buy extra and make sure when the fitting that goes into the bag you ca that joint, it will most likely leak if you dont

I hate gas bags tried it for a year wasn’t happy went back to tanks and haven’t looked back I don’t like handling them leaving gas in them more hassle then a good setup fuel tank.I store my boats in the basement so I will not leave fuel in them I hate pulling them out filling or storing them outside of boat just not for me.

Found the key is to draw out all the air and allow the gas to wet the entire bag - this allows the bag to last much longer. I’ve had bags last a lot longer doing this. Any air trapped will harden the bag and developes leaks much more quickly

I have a CAL-CRAFT MONO with a Zenoah 260 it has a 16 oz. tank that only used 1/4 before running outa fuel....I want to replace with a bag....this is my 1st gasser and I want to do it right without guessing ...since I have to remove the engine to fix the tank might as well replace it with a bag....any suggestions would be great ...thanks
LOOK ON THE BOTTOM TO SEE IF I MADE THIS TANK IF SO SEND IT TO ME
WALT BARNEY
TANKS 2 U
5929 ROSEMARY LN
CEDAR BLUFF,AL 5959

Back