Fuel tank inlet height

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike lasorsa

Got some older out boards that don’t have the room to run a hopper tank. Tank is about 8 inch forward of the engine and sits about 1 1/2 lower than the carb inlet. Think this will work ok?

Prob about 3/4 I can fit under before it start hitting the cowl
Another option would be a customised tank .
Would be better above or at least level ..
Test what you have and see if the carby still draws fuel..At low level fuel in tank

Last edited:
Test what you have and see if the carby still draws fuel..At low level fuel in tank
As of now starting is a bit of a pain. I’ll space them up as high as they can go and see if the helps. Had the lines dropping low in hull also I’m sure that’s not helping

You can use a Irwin 1oz hopper tank and mount it under your cowl at the back.I have them in stock

Did a test run with the tank spaced up above the cowl and all my start issues went away. Fuel was not staying in the line

And when you say about or level do you mean the clunk or the brass where fuel line connects?

Back