Finally!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Well, I FINALLY stuck my new O.S. .18 CVRM in my Miss Vegas and took it to the pond today...WOW! what a difference in performance! I gotta say that i was always happy with the Aqua .18 that came with the boat, but i can honestly say that with the CVRM still rich as im still breaking it in, I almost blew the boat over and that never happened with the stock Aqui .18!! Terminator, thanks for selling me a nice little motor at a GREAT price!Now i gotta start palyin with the strut to keep the boat on the water!! COOL!

Well, I FINALLY stuck my new O.S. .18 CVRM in my Miss Vegas and took it to the pond today...WOW! what a difference in performance! I gotta say that i was always happy with the Aqua .18 that came with the boat, but i can honestly say that with the CVRM still rich as im still breaking it in, I almost blew the boat over and that never happened with the stock Aqui .18!! Terminator, thanks for selling me a nice little motor at a GREAT price!Now i gotta start palyin with the strut to keep the boat on the water!! COOL!

Very cool Bill , I bet that "finishing all your heat's" thing comes back to get you NOW -lol ;)

Andy

Terminator, thanks for selling me a nice little motor at a GREAT price!Now i gotta start palyin with the strut to keep the boat on the water!! COOL!
sponson mods work wonders

100_1302.jpg

100_1300.jpg

i run a modded cvrm in mine well last year i did and this (made by GUPPY) held her nice and smooth, even on the rough water

Bill wife got her rtr for christmas i got her the super vee be easier for her to handle so tampa or brandon there be a new rtr racer see you there Robert

Very cool Bill , I bet that "finishing all your heat's" thing comes back to get you NOW -lol ;)

Andy
Its gotta get me sooner or later, cause thats boat racin!!

Terminator, thanks for selling me a nice little motor at a GREAT price!Now i gotta start palyin with the strut to keep the boat on the water!! COOL!
sponson mods work wonders

100_1302.jpg

100_1300.jpg

i run a modded cvrm in mine well last year i did and this (made by GUPPY) held her nice and smooth, even on the rough water
Thats the next thing i want to do to mine...did you epoxy the pieces to the bottoms or did you use CA??

Bill wife got her rtr for christmas i got her the super vee be easier for her to handle so tampa or brandon there be a new rtr racer see you there Robert
Thats great Robert! I really want this class to grow....I think there's going to be at least 6 or more RTR's at the Winternats..That should be fun! I think it would be neat to see 2 or more heats of RTR's at any given race!

Bill, are those pics of the sponsons reversed? They look backwards to me for a clockwise oval.

I believe this is the most popular way to do the offset running surfaces for a clockwise course. It effectively places the weight and thrust line of the boat closer to the inside of the course to improve cornering.

xnu2bn.jpg

2weyzh1.jpg

This is how the full size hydros do it. The inside sponson has the ride surface on the tunnel side of the sponson.

fp2qmu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well all i know is how it worked on my hull, and sweet it is, the turn fin never grabs no matter how hard i try, and it will corner on a dime, set up like yours the outside sponson hopped all over, just my thoughts on it from trial and error. along with that you will have to lower your turn fin if you have it on the inside of the turnfin side, well at least i had to, it caused a lose of effectiveness in corners

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill took the super vee ou this weekend oh took the wife to so she could run it looks great i have a racer on my hands here has the boat on the bouys already want her ready for feb. in west palm see you later Robert

Bill took the super vee ou this weekend oh took the wife to so she could run it looks great i have a racer on my hands here has the boat on the bouys already want her ready for feb. in west palm see you later Robert
Cool! We need more rtr racers...male or female! Ill bet she'll be kickin butt in no time flat!!! Bill

Back