Expanding on respective 1/8 sc. power setups for FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholashansen

Hey guys, I just was hoping someone could shed some light on theis subject or pehaps initiate a good discussion. Specifically, its two motors that I had a few questions about and I can imagine that this information would only serve to benefit others in the future as well.

The first motor is the HK/HS 4035-800kv outrunner(s) by Scorpion and Hyperion, respectively:

82056217fae62882cde1c9f1d310.jpg
HP-HS4035-0800.jpg

First of all, has anyone actually used the Hyperion variants of the 4035 outrunners? I know that the Scorpion version has a good reputation in the 1/8 scale community, and ive yet to hear any negativety towards the Hyperion but I found very little cases of them being used in scales at all. Could anyone potentialy speak on the quality and performance of these in reference to its German counter-part? Also, is this motor capable of comfortably performing with a 10s setup, or should it stay more towards 8s setups for the most part? Lastly, what kind of amps would this motor draw roughly with those setups in comparison to the standard NEU 1527? more? It seems like although discontinued, the Castle Hydra Ice 2 HV200 is popular and common, along with the 240 amp Swordfish HV. Are both of these controllers powerful enough to support the outrunners?

The second motor is the Turnigy SK3 Fan Drive EDF - 3994 - 850kv

120mmmotor-19111.jpg

I was suprised to have never really took the time to realize how similar physically this motor is to the 1527, and given the fact that it along with the NEU and outrunners all share 25mm motor mount spacing, it should remain relatively simple to accomodate these motors to be installed into any hull with common retail mounts. Now, the real differences between it and the NEU ive noticed are the wattage (3950 vs 4500), max voltage (43 vs 72) and the obvious one, price (86$ China, 100$ U.S. vs 300$) for the Turnigy and NEU respectively. I havnt been able to find much information or individuals online who have used this in scale hydros so far, so I was hoping someone here could maybe chime in on the numbers this motor would post (applying the same questions/queries as stated for the ^^^ motor)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back