• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dumas Hawk 7.5 and K&B Motor (Motor Sold) Pic Added

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Laing

In order to get ready for the 2008 boating season, I'm cleaning out some stuff in the workshop.

This is a Dumas Hawk 7.5, I built a few years back and never really got into the water. (Kit No. 1332) My intensions we're to build and race her, but something always seam to get in the way. She has some scratches and chips in the paint from being moved around the workshop over the years. Comes complete with motor mount (Drilled for a K & B motor) and all the Marine Specialties hardware that the plans called for, Plastic tanks are installed and radio box is set-up. Comes with a fiberglass cowl, I was hoping to use on it. E-Mail me at [email protected] for pictures. 125.00 plus actual shipping costs.

Used K&B 7.5 motor, I bought for the Hawk. It has great compression, and I seam to remember completely rebuilding the motor when I bought it. Without tearing it back apart, I can not be sure. I know it ran great on the bench. 100.00 plus actual shipping costs. E-mail [email protected] for pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to get ready for the 2008 boating season, I'm cleaning out some stuff in the workshop.

This is a Dumas Hawk 7.5, I built a few years back and never really got into the water. (Kit No. 1332) My intensions we're to build and race her, but something always seam to get in the way. She has some scratches and chips in the paint from being moved around the workshop over the years. Comes complete with motor mount (Drilled for a K & B motor) and all the Marine Specialties hardware that the plans called for, Plastic tanks are installed and radio box is set-up. Comes with a fiberglass cowl, I was hoping to use on it. E-Mail me at [email protected] for pictures. 125.00 plus actual shipping costs.

Used K&B 7.5 motor, I bought for the Hawk. It has great compression, and I seam to remember completely rebuilding the motor when I bought it. Without tearing it back apart, I can not be sure. I know it ran great on the bench. 100.00 plus actual shipping costs. E-mail [email protected] for pictures.

Thanks for looking.
Pics added

Hey Mike.. What glue and paint did you use to built the boat?

I'm interested!!! Thanks. Nick :rolleyes:

Hey Mike.. What glue and paint did you use to built the boat?I'm interested!!! Thanks. Nick :rolleyes:
Nick,

Epoxy to build, Painted with Top Flite Lustrecoat paints, and think I have some left over. One mistake I did make was clearing it with the same top Flite paint instead of an automotive clear coat, which can still be done. After learning more about nitro boat building, I paint them with the lustrecoat and clear them with automotive clear coat, which makes them hold up better to the high % nitro.

Back