Dumas circus circus boat- competitive?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

Quebec ROV Guy

Hello Guys!

I am a newbie (sort of). I just purchased a Dumas Miss Circus Circus 1/8 scale hydro and was wondering if this boat would be competitive in it's class. What building tips would you recommend to make it so? I have full access to exotic composites and metals through my job.

it seems as though many of the top hydros in this class are of the drivers own design, but what are the building with? Wood? Carbon fiber? Any insight would be truly appreciated. : :)

Quebec ROV Guy'

There is a video you can buy from Mock one productions you can find it on the 1/8 scale unlimited web page. I bought the video and I am using his ideas on my Dumas Pay N Pack 20 hydro. He cuts the centers out of all the frame work down to about 1/4" then laminates it with .010-.020 fiberglass to make it strong. The engine well formers are made of a composite core kevlar(looks like fanfolded or honeycombed) with fiberglass on the outsides overall 1/8" thick. He sheets the hull with .010-.020 fiberglass. Use the frame work parts in the kit for patterns to make new ones out of nice flat plywood, don't use the curved lite ply in the kit it doesn't come out to straight. Buy good hardware from speedmaster. I wouldn't use Dumas hardware.

Mike

Latest posts

Back