45 outrigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodney I have the original drawings that I downloaded for the 45 JAE. The drawings should be on the internet, keep in mind there have been improvements/ changes over the years that are not on the original plans.
I just did a search and both the 45 JAE and the Keps hydro drawings are on IA and other places.
The JAE's are very easy to build and great running boats.

Rodney I have the original drawings that I downloaded for the 45 JAE. The drawings should be on the internet, keep in mind there have been improvements/ changes over the years that are not on the original plans.
I just did a search and both the 45 JAE and the Keps hydro drawings are on IA and other places.
The JAE's are very easy to build and great running boats.
Here are the JAE 45G plans from 2011.
You'll be hard pressed to find the latest 45GT plans.
NE-Stuff stopped posting later variants, probably due to something regarding Zippkits.
KEPS plans seem to be the only hydro plans posted there anymore.

Attachments

• JAE45G-2011-(1of2) (1).pdf
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
  • JAE45G-2011-(2of2).pdf
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Tim, I have spoken with David at a few races and he says he has little to do with the current Zipp kits version of the 45 JAE. I believe that Martin T has had the most input to current model. For the most part Martin added a few inches to the plans version of the original tub. I personally built 4 JAE's from the plans and they all ran really well. I currently have 2 JAE's built from Joe's kits and their good also.
Since Joe at Zipp Kits has invested a great deal in marketing his kit I wouldn't expect him to update the original plans.
The bottom line is the plans version is still a great boat. Ironically David himself admitted that they never expected the boat to be as competitive as it has been.

Back