2015 1/16 mi,e SAWs. Portersville Pa. May 4th thru the 8th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Morton

Stop buy give it a try. FIve days of 1/16 mile SAWs All for just twenty Five dollars

Run as often as you like.

Preregistration at [email protected]. Or 412 298 0855.

Check out the posting on IMPBA.net. For more information.

Thanx

Bob Morton. (*¿*)

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC03435.jpgRegister me Bob. I am going to take a stab at some mono records. Gonna take a wack at it! Been a long cold winter.

See you in Ft Richie next week for some roundy round racing.

John

Hi John,

Wow that looks good. Your in for sure. See ya at Fort Richie. That's a fun place to race. They have great lunches (*¿*)

Nails.

Bob Morton asked to give an update so...............We broke the record with the twin inline gas mono but only got to 68 mph for the official average record breaking speed as the boat was running really wet in calm water. We loosened it up and finally got to 73.226 for an official average and a new record. There is a lot more there but need rough water to break the hull loose. We had rougher water the day before and did 87 mph but also flipped the boat after going through the traps. Steve Speas repaired the hull and we continued on but the rougher water never returned. Figures....the one time you need rough water the lake stays calm. I worked on my wild thing 8s electric mono and got it up to 77 mph with the record at 75 but didn't do a return pass to make it a record. The boat blew off the water on the second pass. Got to remember that the boat needs to be tuned for the second pass because it is always a faster pass when the batteries are warmed up. Got to go to 32 percent CG rather than 31 percent next time. I will have it re-trimmed for the faster speeds for the next SAW event in the fall. My delta electric mono spun the rotor off the shaft on the first pass so that was a bust. Such goes SAW when you push everything to the limit.

Steve Sutton and Steve Speas teamed up to break the super stock gas mono record at 56.703. Steve Sutton had the old Twin Craft boat trimmed as smooth as silk. They lowered the record many times over the three days they were there. I hear there are a couple of guys there today for the last day of trials. We left yesterday as I am getting ready to head for vacation with the wife for a week in the sun.

Thanks Bob for working hard for us to have some good test and tune.

twin mono repairs_resized.jpg

john steve twin_resized.jpg

broke twin mono_resized.jpg

bob morton_resized.jpg

Back