1983 Risley's Express looking for Photos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see why you're having a hard time finding anything on that boat.
It missed everything prior to Detroit where it ran as the Richard Buick Special, scoring a 4th in heat 1A before a day ending DNF in heat 2.
The boat ran as the Risley's in Madison, earning a 3rd and 4th and, a week later, got a lone 2nd in Evansville.
The U-5 missed Tri-Cities but did run in Seattle as the Mr Auto/Ms Radio. In heat 1B, the boat finished 3rd, only to DNS in heat 2A with a broken oil tank. The tank was repaired in time for the boat to take second in the Consolation heat.
In San Diego, the boat, running as the RIC Gunite, broke the gearbox in the heat 1A, ending its day. It qualified for the UIM World Championship in Houston though it ended the weekend with two DNFs.
I found all of this on a hydro history site, along with a video that has at least one shot of the boat running in Seattle. Sorry, I haven't found anything else on the U-5. Here's what I found:
https://hydroplanehistory.com/races...ld_cup_video_1983_sea_galley_emerald_cup.html

Back