12S1P 1/8th SCALE HYDROPLANE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TREVOR JENSEN

Hi,

Wondering if anyone is running a 12s 1p powered 1/8th scale hydroplane at all, looking for ideas and hull availability of modern to current style of hulls capable of fitting 2 x 6s 5800 packs. Must be MHR registered Hull. Any pics and details would be great.

Thanks

Trev

Well most guys run 8-10s. 12 is not legal for racing. Tough to fit more than 10s in most 8th scales and really don't need more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with Howard, 12 is too much. In the Pacific Northwest, our electric 1/8th scales actually are limited in pack, motor and prop size to keep the speeds reasonable. Even with these restrictions, there are some boats that still tend to want to fly.

First, trying to find any hull thats pre-made for you thats capable of accommodating a typical brushless setup that these boats require is already very difficult, unless you have connections and know someone personally (which you clearly do not or else you wouldn't have made this thread) who could provide for you.

In my opinion, 1/8th scale racing as a whole is still far from having lipo poiwer implementations in full swing, nitro engines are still by far the norm as far as ive seen, and even the current crop of brushless boats I imagine largely consist of hulls built with wood kits that are updated in design, this being attributed to Mike Luszcz enormous contribution to the hobby with his laser cut wood kits. In fact, Mike did such a good job with the kits overall and more specifically, catering them towards modern lipo powered systems that even if epoxy hulls did start surfacing around the hobby, they would be hard pressed to be a viable choice over an ML kit.

So all that being said, if you are truly set on a modern 4 point style hull on 12s, id probably purchase either Newton plans and enlargen them to 1/6 scale, or buy a 1/6 scale or gas scale kit from Mike.

Back