1027 carb base set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Davis

I've been talking to some friends that race and have amazing collections, but I've been gathering as much info as possible to be safe. I've got a built 300pum with a 1027 and online the base settings are 1 1/4 H and 2 L but my buddies and racers I know have been saying start at 1H 1/2L but for break in I've got it set at 1 1/8th H and 1 5/8ths low, which is there settings with an extra 1/8th to allow to be a hair more rich to essential lubricant for real in for the first tank or two. I've got my extra plugs and everything in the car to do my proper maiden run any extra information you awesome individuals would recommend would be very much appreciated! 😊

The 1027 is basically a copy of the 257 carb. The settings for the 257 are 1H and 2L. You cant go wrong by being too rich. So setting them up rich will not hurt the engine. Just build up a bunch of carbon on the parts.

I am assuming that the 1/2L is a misprint. That is way to little.

So I would go 1 1/8H and 2 1/4L to start and work from there. When you have the boat running after break in, you should see the spark plug with a lite tan color on the insulator.
Mike

The 1027 is basically a copy of the 257 carb. The settings for the 257 are 1H and 2L. You cant go wrong by being too rich. So setting them up rich will not hurt the engine. Just build up a bunch of carbon on the parts.

I am assuming that the 1/2L is a misprint. That is way to little.

So I would go 1 1/8H and 2 1/4L to start and work from there. When you have the boat running after break in, you should see the spark plug with a lite tan color on the insulator.
Mike
And trim the base idle on the radio to around 4k? The standard idle was set around 2.8-3.2k and was stalling rather easy but the slightest touch of the throttle kept a decent run

Back