Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

Futaba 3PV Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FloridaScaleBoater

FloridaScaleBoater

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

Looking for practical (hands on) experience.   I have read the manual, I have contacted Futaba RC-Support and have called a LARGE supplier of hobby products and can't get a definitive answer.

I know you can assign the DT3 switch to either D/R or CH3 operation, My question is, if assigned to CH3 is the switch proportional?

or is it just an on-off switch.

Thanks all

#2 Robert Pickard

Robert Pickard

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Let me know that is the radio i be buying

#3 John Beardslee

John Beardslee

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

Looking for practical (hands on) experience.   I have read the manual, I have contacted Futaba RC-Support and have called a LARGE supplier of hobby products and can't get a definitive answer.

I know you can assign the DT3 switch to either D/R or CH3 operation, My question is, if assigned to CH3 is the switch proportional?

Thanks all

I think its like other Futaba radios when you do that you then use your trim step to define how much the servo moves. I set mine to match my steps on my Boris Flow Meter as I use 3 ch for my adjustable needle.
Thanks John

#4 John Beardslee

John Beardslee

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Thanks all

If Im right you can thank Old Dog R/C if Im wrong just chalk if off to an old fool that cant understand this new fangled technology!

#5 Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

I believe its proportional. If the switch is being used for dual rate, then it can be step up and down to vary the amount of dual rate you want. I cant see it operating any different for a 3rd channel setup. Plus the switch looks the same as the trim switches. You should be OK.