Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

What engine

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 seaducerpete

seaducerpete

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Going to build a gas mono what do you recommend for a motor

#2 Tony Jacuzzi

Tony Jacuzzi

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

Pete PM sent

#3 Dennis Somers

Dennis Somers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

I'm sorry Pete, I don't know what your experience is with gas boats. I will assume you want to heat race it. If you don't mind putting some money into a top end motor ( depending on the class ), you can't go wrong with the QD Pioneer. It will not make a poor or inexperienced build into a rocket. Peter ( my son ) and I have been modifying these Pioneer motors for about 5 years and selling them for about 3, under the banner SRI Motorsports. We have a lot of very happy customers in Europe and North America.

We can and have built Pioneers from < 27ccs. to 30.5ccs. for everything from 36" Sprint cats ( 100+ MPH SAW ) to 60+" offshore ocean racers ( Burmuda, Florida ). These are NOT finicky, high strung, touchy, PITAs. They start very easily, launch quickly, and pull to whatever you prop them to. Turn-around time on our work is not fast ( we are in Canada ), but you get back an entirely different animal.

For more info you can check out the thread " Modified Quick Draws " on the Manufacturer's for sale forum on JRCBD, and I have a few pics in the Member's Gallery here.

If you want to start with a Zenoah based engine, there are lots of modifiers all over the States. Two of the finest builders you will ever find are Matthew ( M&D Racing Engines ) and Carlo ( CC Racing Engines ).

Edited by Dennis Somers, 13 September 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#4 Buckshot

Buckshot

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

PETE! Get a hold of Lamar Huff In ATL. Good, Powerful, Reliable and Priced Right. 

#5 P THOMAS

P THOMAS

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

this is the CCpromod I have

http://www.ccracinge...ategory=3846113

#6 Gilbert Pun

Gilbert Pun

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:21 AM

I'm sorry Pete, I don't know what your experience is with gas boats. I will assume you want to heat race it. If you don't mind putting some money into a top end motor ( depending on the class ), you can't go wrong with the QD Pioneer. It will not make a poor or inexperienced build into a rocket. Peter ( my son ) and I have been modifying these Pioneer motors for about 5 years and selling them for about 3, under the banner SRI Motorsports. We have a lot of very happy customers in Europe and North America.

We can and have built Pioneers from < 27ccs. to 30.5ccs. for everything from 36" Sprint cats ( 100+ MPH SAW ) to 60+" offshore ocean racers ( Burmuda, Florida ). These are NOT finicky, high strung, touchy, PITAs. They start very easily, launch quickly, and pull to whatever you prop them to. Turn-around time on our work is not fast ( we are in Canada ), but you get back an entirely different animal.

For more info you can check out the thread " Modified Quick Draws " on the Manufacturer's for sale forum on JRCBD, and I have a few pics in the Member's Gallery here.

If you want to start with a Zenoah based engine, there are lots of modifiers all over the States. Two of the finest builders you will ever find are Matthew ( M&D Racing Engines ) and Carlo ( CC Racing Engines ).

Dennis, you have P/M.

#7 Stuart Barr

Stuart Barr

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

Pete,

I really like my CMB 27.  You have seen it run.

Stu

#8 Joe Warren

Joe Warren

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

just received my Seaducer 47 Hull for the NEW CMB Alpha 27. 

#9 rhomodel

rhomodel

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

How deep are your pockets and what class do you want to run?