Kep's builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad nichols

Supporting Member
THe continuing saga of Kep's (and mine is always on the bottom) 2 T3's, 1 4S and 3 4SL's plus sponsons. Not as bad as Mike's shop!! Darryl's is #7 of the T3's and Ryon's is #6 of the 4SL's Getting to be some out there as there are 4 here in the great white north. Anybody out there to add their's to the list and pic's??

DSC_0756.JPG

DSC_0757.JPG

DSC_0758.JPG

DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_0760.jpg

Brad,

You're like a regular factory! I was just going through my stuff for the RSX310 from Mike. I think I have everything needed. I hope to send it to you this week.

Bob

Thanks to Niklas for designing the boat and Jeff Ross for the laser cutting with Niklas's permission makes a good build. I am ready for your's Bob as the pile will be going down in the next couple of weeks and a different style of boat for a change.What motor, prop and electrics were you running in the 4S Niklas??

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yea, I can't wait to get mine, already started getting the hardware together for it.

What motor are you going to run? Did you get a P Limited motor from the list in the rule book? Brian recomends the Dynamite 1800 kv and Horizon did have some stock. Yours was on top of the stack of 4SL's Ryon so it will be soon.

Brad

Hi Brad,

For the motors, I picked up the 1800KV Dynamite 3630 and I have the one you put in the boat when you built it. That one is a Leopard 2550KV 3660. Maybe the second one is a little high on the RPM. We'll see. Maybe with a smaller prop. Being such a newbie I'm really not sure. I'll just have to watch the temps very carefully. I'm going to try a Turnigy Aquastar 120 amp ESC. I hope it's adequate. For props, I gathered up a few. I have a 1716-17-45 from Brian Buass, a 1450, an H7and an1817 from Chris Hoffman and a S15 from Mark Sholund. I figure they should give me a good place to start with either motor. If anyone has any feedback on prop selection, I would surely appreciate it. I have one Max Amps battery to play with for now. I have to get some more batteries. People don't seem to think very highly of the Max Amps. A whole lot of people on OSE, are really raving about the Graphene batteries from Revolectrix. I think that I will try a couple. It seems that Steve at OSE is now carrying them. Again if anyone has any feedback, please feel free to let me know what you think. I'm hoping to finish the paint on the Kep's this weekend. Feedback please!

Regards,

Bob

Thanks to Niklas for designing the boat and Jeff Ross for the laser cutting with Niklas's permission makes a good build. I am ready for your's Bob as the pile will be going down in the next couple of weeks and a different style of boat for a change.What motor, prop and electrics were you running in the 4S Niklas??

Brad
Motor: TP 4040 (V2) 2900KV

ESC: Castle Hydra Ice 240A

Batteries: dual Vapex 4S 3300 in parallel

Wires: Castle 8AWG

Connectors: Castle 6.5 mm

Prop: 1445 3.4 (Andy Brown)

Max rpm: 35K (160-180A)

Rpm in turns: 26-30K (90-130A)

Average ripple: 0.93V

Peak power: 2611W

End of run ESC temp: 86° C

Total Amp draw from the video run: 4Ah

Note, on this specific boat (the boat in the video that is), the ski is a bit too narrow as its still a proto but with sponsons that are basically the correct ones (the boat is built before I finalized the Freebie FE-4S & FE-4SL). That means the ski penetrates the drink a bit too much adding some unwanted load. That is a really, really good thing with having a design that makes you altering things like the ski width/shape and also ride pads quite easily as they are attached with double sided tape! Then the turn fin is also a bit to small on this one as its still an old left over nitro fin (its not that easy to keep this one in lane #1 with the cornering speed I know is there). Booth of those things will be changed for the customer during the winter though (for this specific proto).

ALL of these items have been adressed in the original Freebie drawings of the FE-4S & 4SL!
default_smile.png

Danmit Niklas...your new design makes me want to build one!! That FE rigger was going well.

Your plans are fantastic and full of ALOT of information...well done mate.

Cheers

Kris

Brad, You have a PM.

.................................Chris.................................................

Are you looking for the T3 nitro boat or electrics as the price changes? $200 for electric $275 for nitro plus the cost of materials which works out to $500 USD for nitro and $425 for electric. Boat has motor mount, turn fin and mount, bent and sharpen turn fin, shaft log installed, boom tubes and solid booms 5/16", 2 coats of West epoxy sanded out to #180 grit. Adjustable front boom add $20. Let me know if you are interested as I am getting a few more orders already. And of course add shipping and pay-pal fees.

Thanks

Brad

Joe you have a PM

Brad
Motor: TP 4040 (V2) 2900KV

ESC: Castle Hydra Ice 240A

Batteries: dual Vapex 4S 3300 in parallel

Wires: Castle 8AWG

Connectors: Castle 6.5 mm

Prop: 1445 3.4 (Andy Brown)

Max rpm: 35K (160-180A)

Rpm in turns: 26-30K (90-130A)

Average ripple: 0.93V

Peak power: 2611W

End of run ESC temp: 86° C

Total Amp draw from the video run: 4Ah

Note, on this specific boat (the boat in the video that is), the ski is a bit too narrow as its still a proto but with sponsons that are basically the correct ones (the boat is built before I finalized the Freebie FE-4S & FE-4SL). That means the ski penetrates the drink a bit too much adding some unwanted load. That is a really, really good thing with having a design that makes you altering things like the ski width/shape and also ride pads quite easily as they are attached with double sided tape! Then the turn fin is also a bit to small on this one as its still an old left over nitro fin (its not that easy to keep this one in lane #1 with the cornering speed I know is there). Booth of those things will be changed for the customer during the winter though (for this specific proto).

ALL of these items have been adressed in the original Freebie drawings of the FE-4S & 4SL!
default_smile.png
Dear Niklas,

I have been in RC Boating since 1972 and my hat is off to you Mate. Sharing all your information will let our Hobby grow at the fastest speed ever known. Thank you from every RC Boater out there and myself.

Best waters,

Mike

Are you looking for the T3 nitro boat or electrics as the price changes? $200 for electric $275 for nitro plus the cost of materials which works out to $500 USD for nitro and $425 for electric. Boat has motor mount, turn fin and mount, bent and sharpen turn fin, shaft log installed, boom tubes and solid booms 5/16", 2 coats of West epoxy sanded out to #180 grit. Adjustable front boom add $20. Let me know if you are interested as I am getting a few more orders already. And of course add shipping and pay-pal fees.

Thanks

Brad

Joe you have a PM
Awesome work Brad keep them coming don't get burned out.

Back