newby help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawdaddy

So here is the story,

I have been wanting to get my daughter a boat for a while and found one for a really good price(I think). Looking to all you ELEC guru"s for some help.

1. Where and how should I mount the turn fin?

2. Does anyone know any thing about this motor/ESC combo?

I assume this will run on 2s power. The tub is 16in long and 10.5in at the sponsons. Any info, help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Be mindful that she is 8 and this is her first boat. Thanks Ryon Shaw

0729161632_HDR.jpg

0729161633_HDR.jpg

0729161633a_HDR.jpg

0729161709_HDR.jpg

0729161709a_HDR.jpg

0729161709b_HDR.jpg

0729161634_HDR.jpg

I have been playing with a 2 and 3 cell JAE 12 rigger converted to FE. You have what looks to be a 5300KV motor which is perfect for 2 cell lipo. The ESC probably is plug and play so if it works go with it as it is probably set without adjustments. On 2S I run 20-25 mph and don't really need a turn fin. at the rear of the right sponson would be the place to mount. On 3S at the 40mph range I added a turn fin to turn sharper though it worked without one. Try a two cell in the 1800 to 2500 ma range and don't worry about C-rating. Whatever is cheap and fits your tub. In 1/8 shaft props there are several plastic ones available on OSE whttp://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Octura+Plastic+Seriesebsite. for under $2 a piece you can afford an assortment. Have fun and post up how it works. With hardware and running electronic I have about $200 invested in mine. So if your near or under that your doing fine.

Mic

The link I gave gets you into props so look for the Octura plastic section

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some digging and found the ESC/motor combo on tower. It's from a 1/18th scale car. The make is DROMIDA and the ESC is actually programmable. Downloaded the set up and programing sheet for it. Thanks for the info. Got the boat pretty much RTR minus the battery for 75 bucks.

PS. does it matter how I plug the motor into the ESC the heat shrink colors don't match.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a 3 wire brushless motor check for correct rotation. Simply switching any two wires will reverse rotation. 1/18th is low on power. I have been using 1/10th scale motors. But my hull is 24" long.

Mic

Latest posts

Back