.90 Boom Tube Size?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

What do people run for boom tube sizes in their .90 riggers? I'm wondering if solid 3/8" carbon tubes would work good. Let me know what you run. Thanks!

You can use solid 3/8" carbon just be mindful the booms will break only after everything else does in a crash. I prefer tubular 1/2" glass/carbon and 5/8" glass/carbon booms.

TG

Tyler

Good point. I am still in the construction stage and can change to the 5/8 tubular.

Thanaks

Bill Hoch

I just use the 6061 - t- 6 aluminum tubing and it is cheap and easy to fab although I have wanted to explore the flexibility of the carbon or FG as a form of suspension for a less edgy and radical ride with the twins .

My only problem that i ran into Tom was finding tubes the would slide into each other. Fixed this by just reaming the 5/8 OD tube to .511 ID. Slides nicely now.

Solid 3/8" CF pultruded rod for my 90 boat.
default_smile.png

On my Twin 91 / 80 extreme I'm running double wall aluminum in the tub area and 1 " outside the tub to stop stress cracking of the tubing at the hull bolt holes and it really stiffened the ride up but I'm not sure i like it as much as the single wall . You can really feel it while driving it . Hard to beat aluminum for cost and ease of replacement at the races . I keep two sets of boom tubes in the trailer cut to length .

I use to do the aluminum thing. Just hated it when they got bent. Boat got real ugly. I like the give of the carbon/glass.

Back