• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MAC Motors a history lesson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Santistevan

I have only been back in the hobby for about four years and MAC motors were already out of production apparently for some time when I started again. Can someone give me a history of these motors, who made them, why they are not made any longer? Apparently there is some interchangeability with AA and CMB motors also?

MAC where from CMDI....Andy Brown.

I've only heard rumors of what happened but don't know the actual truth.

On the MAC 45 you can get all the parts for it. Get with Al Hobbs on parts. The VAC 45 bearings fit the MAC motor.

The other MAC engines I'm not sure about. Every once in a while someone is selling a 21,67,84

The 21 MAC is interchangable with the cmb valvoia, i couldnt get parts for my 21 mac so used all cmb parts

The MAC engines began while Andy Brown and I were in France for the 1998 NAVIGA World Championships. First came an idea about a quality engine that would run hard out of the box with little or no mods.

CMB agreed to manufacture the MAC engines. In 2000 the relationship with CMB was excellent. I have photos of Andy, Mauro, Camillo and myself on a fishing trip into the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

A few years later the relationship with CMB went into the dumpster and the MAC engines came to an end.

That is the simple story. Leave it at that.

Al Hobbs

This is definitely a touchy subject for both alan and andy. I was told the story and even I thought it was messed up what cmb did to them.

The MAC engines began while Andy Brown and I were in France for the 1998 NAVIGA World Championships. First came an idea about a quality engine that would run hard out of the box with little or no mods.

CMB agreed to manufacture the MAC engines. In 2000 the relationship with CMB was excellent. I have photos of Andy, Mauro, Camillo and myself on a fishing trip into the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

A few years later the relationship with CMB went into the dumpster and the MAC engines came to an end.

That is the simple story. Leave it at that.

Al Hobbs
What Al said.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back