• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

L/F WTB: Glow Plug ignitors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Parsons

I am looking for who makes these and what brands are curently on the market, any help would be great.

Thanks Beau

I still prefer to have a pair of hotshots in my pit box. Last several years,just got to mark them so they dont get away

there is an electronic ignighters availible on Ebay. u can use any battery source up to 24v. i purchased two of these and they do work as advertised. I have not used them for long enough to say how durable they are yet. they are cheap enough anywhere from 15-20 dollars.

my most dependale never fail driver for the last 20 yrs. has been an single 4000mh nicad rigged to a driver. charge it at 5amps for 16hrs and good for a couple of yrs.

it has bailed out several boaters over the yrs.

Paul

no name brand I can see. just go to Ebay and type in.

comes up like . upgraded electronic glow plug ignighter.

I do not know how to paste the link. there are several different sellers.

Paul

Don F turned me on to these, talk about Fire in the hole.
default_wink.png

cimg0696 (2).jpg

I like the Glow Beast from Eric Canto and RC Cats. Both hold their charge for the weekend and both let you know if the plug is bad.

Al Hobbs

I still prefer to have a pair of hotshots in my pit box. Last several years,just got to mark them so they dont get away
X2. The Hot Shot works great. We got a second one because of all the boats but the original one is on its 3rd season.

Hot Shots are nice problem i had people borrowing and you never get them back now with the glow beast you can see who has it its so big

The glow beast has 2 of the D cells Ferrette is running, wired in to the voltage meter etc... I dont think/know if Eric still markets them... Mark?... I bought mine to light turbo plugs as itll jack to 4 or 5 on the meter when charged fully... I'd found.. turbos needing high (er) voltages ( theyll resonate and "sing").... if a single ignitor was weak the turbo will light but youll gain a dead launch... I use the D cell from BPlus for everything not turbo also... I like having my wire /cord on the table for unhook simplicity/etc and i dont like the small hand helds for popping off, and having either your pit man or yourself hold it on the plug... too much going on for me.... Bplus has larger capacity D cells also but ive never encountered issues with the small.... its a preference deal.... 'luck... mike

X2. The Hot Shot works great. We got a second one because of all the boats but the original one is on its 3rd season.
I bought an original Hobbico Hot shot (red shrink wrap) in the early 90's, lasted me almost 15 years. The new and improved version never lasted more then 2 years. OMHO
default_wink.png

The glow beast has 2 of the D cells Ferrette is running, wired in to the voltage meter etc... I dont think/know if Eric still markets them... Mark?... I bought mine to light turbo plugs as itll jack to 4 or 5 on the meter when charged fully... I'd found.. turbos needing high (er) voltages ( theyll resonate and "sing").... if a single ignitor was weak the turbo will light but youll gain a dead launch... I use the D cell from BPlus for everything not turbo also... I like having my wire /cord on the table for unhook simplicity/etc and i dont like the small hand helds for popping off, and having either your pit man or yourself hold it on the plug... too much going on for me.... Bplus has larger capacity D cells also but ive never encountered issues with the small.... its a preference deal.... 'luck... mike
I choose to wear an pit apron, battery in 1 pocket, cord reaches motor. Spare plugs, 4 way wrench in other pocket. Cordless starter, Bingo, no pit box needed. Again OMHO
default_wink.png

Back