ML Boatworks- International Hobbies Seebold Tunnel Sport kit- build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I wanted to do something a little different, fun, and nostalgic. I decided to work on bringing back a classic hull, with a little twist. I have designed a wood version of the old 38" Seebold Amps-International Hobbies tunnel. This kit will be wood, and the canopy will be a one piece cowl molded off one of my Seebold Amps tunnels. This is strictly a sport tunnel. I am not making any claims of it to be a race boat, just a fun boat for those that may be interested in such a recreation. The bottom of the hull I did update with some dihedral changes, and will be adding stumble pads, where as the original rc hull, and full size did not use them. The transom was also moved forward to help run a K&B 7.5 lower. While telling my friend Ken Renda, that has the current licensing rights for Amps-IH, we discussed putting this under the Amps umbrella, which includes the Seebold name/ licensing. He is also planning on bringing back the trim/ tilt unit Amps once offered, and make it fit the K&B lower. So that would be a nice feature. We will just have to see how that goes.

Once I build this, and see how it runs, I will further discuss it with him, and see if we can offer it on both my site, and his site. For now, here are some pics of the IH- Amps hulls to show the cowling design, and some 3d cad images of the kit. Enjoy, Mike

20140825_170443_zps7a883422.jpg

20140825_170451_zps0e667e42.jpg

20150223_180611_zpsseynbsnu.jpg

20150223_180652_zpsqi5nw2sq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work! I would definitely be interested in a kit if they become available. Also excited to see the trim unit become available.
default_smile.png

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I hope to get this project moving soon. I have some other things just ahead of it, but I will be ordering a kit in the next week or so. I will keep you all updated as I progress.

Thanks Jerry D...Your WOF plans, as I have said before, were a big step in helping me learn how to draw up these kits!

looking for any outboards from amps for my tunnel hulls. I have 3 see olds that need some complete outboardsinus the motor. Preferably eve rude. Have 3 of the 402 and just found 2 more. Trying to get my tunnel hulls going again after my major heart attack. Need to keep busy any help would be appreciated

Hey, Pm me your phone number and I will call you maybe tomorrow or saturday. Thanks, Mike

Back