Russian K Motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilSharman

Hi Guys. Anyone know if there are any parts available for the Kalistratov engines since his passing?

I contacted speedmaster who no longer stock those parts and since Kalistratov hand made these engines I am very doubtful there are any parts.

I heard many years ago that the Picco Piston and Sleeves for the 80 size motor were very similar.

Any one know what about this or anything about parts?

Keep your eyes open and ears peeled and when you bump into that odd person who's selling their treasure, buy it no matter the cost, you might be able to keep your beast alive for a while, parts are next to impossible to find.

Better contact to Andy Brown he knew about K engines so he will help you. Al Hobbs has some left K parts . Good luck!

Fantastic motor, seems like there are more motors/parts around our district than boaters that want them

not at all hard to find

Looking for two sets of Piston and Liners for the K80.

My engines are basically brand new, so they will run for a while, but need to bank a few replacements to keep it going.

Neil.

Anything knowledge about the Picco Liners matching, or closely matching?
Picco 80 P/L is not at all even a close fit. Very large bore difference for the piston and the crankcase. K-80 p/l will be difficult to find. Most of the other K-80 parts are the same as the K-67. K-80 is just a K-67 with a bigger bore.

Thanks Andy. Hopefully someone will have some parts lying around.

I tried to email Al Hobbs but it bounced back. Will contact him here.

Hello everybody .

Neil S., Get in Contact with Tim Duggan - MBC of NSW Inc. - My Home Club . I Believe that he is very Knowledgeable about these Motors .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

I can ask about it some Russian boaters, but we never run K80 engines. I think they was produced only for USA boaters in small quantity.

I've got an answer from Nikolay Muzhikov from Ulyanovsk: "I have some unfinished PL sets (need chrome grind) with the original pistons and also from dispal. If there is a need - a dozen or more, you can contact Murom guys, they must have blank cartridges, milled, polished, but without chrom..... There is a preliminary agreement with Mr. Barbin about finishing of my parts. Now I haven't the K80 any more, especially there is no need to build new (have only 2 crankcase) if only for a hydro. (twist painfully well - 28 thousand on the go, measured themselves) but laziness...."

If you have any good sleeves, Ken Retallick has made pistons for these engines in the past.
Thanks Brad. I think I may have found a suppliers of parts for the K82. If I can get liners I will speak to Ken.

Hello everybody .

Neil S., Get in Contact with Tim Duggan - MBC of NSW Inc. - My Home Club . I Believe that he is very Knowledgeable about these Motors .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Thanks Ian. Long time no chat! I'll speak to Tim is I cant locate parts elsewhere.

Neil

If you copied Al's e-mail address from here and pasted it to you're contacts you need to drop off the 2 periods after the .net or it will kick back.

John
You are right John. I didnt do that. thanks.

I've got an answer from Nikolay Muzhikov from Ulyanovsk: "I have some unfinished PL sets (need chrome grind) with the original pistons and also from dispal. If there is a need - a dozen or more, you can contact Murom guys, they must have blank cartridges, milled, polished, but without chrom..... There is a preliminary agreement with Mr. Barbin about finishing of my parts. Now I haven't the K80 any more, especially there is no need to build new (have only 2 crankcase) if only for a hydro. (twist painfully well - 28 thousand on the go, measured themselves) but laziness...."
Thanks Agafonov. Since I have K82's it doesn't look like Nikolay will be able to help me.

Is he saying the K82 spins at 28,000 rpm? I cant find any specs on these K82 engines.

Latest posts

Back