A Couple of Spare Engines for A JAE .21, What Do You Think?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP

Hi Everyone,

I have been away for a little while, but I am finally back and ready to start a new project. I have a JAE .12 that I absolutely love, so I am thinking of doing a JAE .21. I know the JAE.12 was designed to work with aircooled car engines (mine has a RB .12 in it), but what about the JAE .21? I have attached some pics of some spare aircooled engines I have laying around that I think are good prospects. Let me know what you think of either of them for a powerplant for the .21.

JP

DSC00713.JPGDSC00712.JPG

Either of those engines will work great. I have used both in the rigger. The timing on the CMB is exactly the same as the marine version of that engine.

The Nova exhaust is a bit lower, but it will turn on well if you leave it stock and set the head down to .008". Same for CMB.

Thanks, Anthony and Andy. Yes, I thought the on-road would be a better choice. Andy, if you had to choose, which one would you stick in the rigger? Would you convert the head to water cooled or leave it? What are you thinking for a pipe?

Thanks,

JP

I the right hands the CMB could be good. For you I would recommend the Nova. If you have a way to measure, get the head down to .006". Go with the KISS method and just use the air cooling. You will have a lot of fun with that set up. Most any pipe will work, so basically whatever you can get. Run it on 40% and it will serve you well.

Back