Opinion on flooring

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the lowes product,.. the higher end vinyl plank,. With a PVC extruded core.,.. your thoughts on that product?

I found something similar at Home Depot that is self-adhesive rather than interlocking that is both watertight and looks like wood as well. I used it in a bathroom remodel, no problems with it either

I used the same kind of flooring ( not the same brand) in my bathroom, works great, no issues, easy to install. Got mind at Menards

The adhesive is nice but you put it in some where with humidity and moisture it wont work also we have seen it comes up after some use

The old HD stuff had a lot of issues which have supposedly been addressed. All of it, old and new, uses moisture and temperature sensitive adhesive (85* F max) and needs to be installed with temperature expansion taken into consideration. Just had 2K sq. ft. installed in an Arizona mfg'ed home.... will let you know how it looks next year....
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a complete mobile home in Fl 2 years ago using the one with the pink backer and used no glue, it just snapped in place, This flooring is a free floating floor no nails or glue.

Walt Barney

When we installed the floor in the bath, we left if free-floating as well. No issues in the 4-5 years it's been in use

great,.. thanks guys,.. going to put down about 1000 square ft.. sick of water damaged laminate or hard wood.. dogs and kids destroying the floors.. I have hammered and chiseled the samples.. honestly holding up better than any laminate or engineered hardwood product I have tested. going with the floating structure.. 30 year residential, 5 year limited commercial guarantee ,..

doing the whole lower level..

looking good, ............................................. I think your contractor may have a drinking problem
default_cool.png

Back