Vynl Removal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tello

What is the best way to remove vynl numbers. The numbers are set on a GV Whip that has been painted. I don't want to pull paint off..Thank you, Tony

I would try a heatgun (or hairdryer)...just enough heat should loosen the sticker so it will peel. Any resdue from the sticker after it is removed can be cleaned easily with rubbing alcohol or Zippo lighter fuel with a cloth...

-Kent

Set the boat in the sun to warm up the sticker and slowly pull it off, the heat gun will work, but be careful about overheating the paint/wood, whatever the hull is made of.

Then some 91% alcohol on the glue residue to soften it up and wipe it off. There are many removers for vinyl glues but you need to make sure they don't react to the painted surface.

My 2 cents.

We pull dealer stickers off our customers cars all the time. Heat it slightly and peel. Kent Acrysol is the absolute best product i've used for removing any left over residues. In my experience it has never harmed the finished surface.

We pull dealer stickers off our customers cars all the time. Heat it slightly and peel. Kent Acrysol is the absolute best product i've used for removing any left over residues. In my experience it has never harmed the finished surface.
Acrysol has never harmed ANY automotive surface i've used it on.

Back