4 replies to this topic

#1 MarkDanielsSr

MarkDanielsSr

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Is the gold head CMB .45 with drum intake and large flywheel the same as the purple head .45 motor, with parts still available or am I totally confused on this matter. I have MAC, AA, and OPS .45 motors and am looking at a gold head CMB with drum, large flywheel and silver colored case unless it is already obsolete. Thanks 

#2 steve wood

steve wood

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

been obsolete for many,many years.you can still get bearings!

#3 Andy Brown

Andy Brown

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Is the gold head CMB .45 with drum intake and large flywheel the same as the purple head .45 motor, with parts still available or am I totally confused on this matter. I have MAC, AA, and OPS .45 motors and am looking at a gold head CMB with drum, large flywheel and silver colored case unless it is already obsolete. Thanks 

Mark,  I beleive the parts in the gold head and the purple head are interchangeble. New CMB VAC parts won't fit, but you may find guys out there with parts you may need. Some HR 45 parts may fit.

#4 MarkDanielsSr

MarkDanielsSr

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Thanks guys,I didn't know the age of CMB motors. I'll stay clear. Mark

#5 richard jones

richard jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thanks guys,I didn't know the age of CMB motors. I'll stay clear. Mark

Mark, I played around with the older CMB 45 engines, I had a CMB 45 drop snoot piston and liner, that P/L fit into a the older CMB black case, gold head, the red head, the later CMB 45 hydro with the slant carb, and the RS.
JM2CW
dick