62 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Schindler

Jeff Schindler

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

I have appointed myself to construct official rules for District 14 for the class of RTR 18 HYDROPLANE. I would like to ask that the powers that be on this forum to allow us to use this thread as a tool to develop the above mentioned rules.

The scope of these rules are for District 14, but we encourage other clubs and districts to try the class out, as this class has grown to be very strong in our District over the last couple years. Once completed we will propose the rules to IMPBA.

We have had much discussion over the past 3 weeks in the forum on IMPBA.net, and I would now like to give everyone a chance to vote on the various points. I feel that the polling tools on this site are superior for this task. My rules for voting is that you vote only if you intend to race in District 14, and that If you vote, you post your name in this thread. I can see what users vote, and I have a list of current IMPBA members. I have no interest in manipulating the votes, but I reserve the right to nullify any votes that I feel do not meet the scope of this project.

I would like to thank everyone for your input. You have the power to make this class great.

The voting has closed and the results have been updated into the attached official rules.
Attached File  RTR 18 HYDROPLANE_RULES OF COMPETITION.pdf   101.09KB   51 downloads

#2 Jeff Schindler

Jeff Schindler

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Rules posted in 1st post.

#3 Jeff Schindler

Jeff Schindler

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

Jeff Schindler

#4 Don Brown

Don Brown

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

Jeff

What happend to options 4, 5, and 6 in your poll?

DonB

#5 SayMikey

SayMikey

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

From the other forum......I have captured this discussion into rules with 6 voting options. The first three voting options are now active on intlwaters at www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=42737&st= The voting will end at midnight next Sunday, then we will vote on options 4-6. At the conclusion we will have another open discussion. I invite you all to vote at the above website. Please contain as much discussion to this site, and post your name after your vote, as some of you have handles on intlwaters that are different from your name. Thank You all for your input thus far. Lets make this class great.

#6 Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:02 AM

Aaron Johnson

#7 osracer

osracer

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Didn't know where to put my name after I voted. It's Bill Wachtler and I race D6 and D4. I will be making a trip to Evansville just because of your success with the RTR class. I have been trying to get it going at the TCMBC with not a lot of success. Three to four boats is about all we get with no growth in the last couple years. Thanks for the effort you are putting in to make this class a success. I think it is the future of our hobby as old farts like me will drop out and their are not new people coming in to replace us. Bill

#8 Randy Cartright

Randy Cartright

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:10 AM

Were do you sign that you voted?

Randall Cartright

r

I have appointed myself to construct official rules for District 14 for the class of SPORT RTR 18. I would like to ask that the powers that be on this forum to allow us to use this thread as a tool to develop the above mentioned rules.

The scope of these rules are for District 14, but we encourage other clubs and districts to try the class out, as this class has grown to be very strong in our District over the last couple years. Once completed we will propose the rules to IMPBA.

We have had much discussion over the past 3 weeks in the forum on IMPBA.net, and I would now like to give everyone a chance to vote on the various points. I feel that the polling tools on this site are superior for this task. My rules for voting is that you vote only if you intend to race in District 14, and that If you vote, you post your name in this thread. I can see what users vote, and I have a list of current IMPBA members. I have no interest in manipulating the votes, but I reserve the right to nullify any votes that I feel do not meet the scope of this project.

I would like to thank everyone for your input. You have the power to make this class great.

#9 maddog

maddog

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

I think Jeff needs applause for taking this bull by the horns and tackleing it GOOD JOB JEFF!!!!

#10 chris thornton

chris thornton

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

I did my vote

Chris Thornton

#11 Tim Strange

Tim Strange

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

Voted

Tim Strange

#12 ggeiselman

ggeiselman

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

Voted
Garry Geiselman

#13 osracer

osracer

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

I am thinking these rules eliminate the RTR Pro Boat because of the rear ride pads. Is this correct? Bill

#14 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

One thing you might want to take a look at is "normal distribution channels" or something like that.. the way it is now if somebody makes 3 custom one offs and sell them to a hobby shop.. they are allowed to run.

Grim

#15 Jeremy Linney

Jeremy Linney

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

Voted

Jeremy Linney