62 replies to this topic

#16 Jeff Schindler

Jeff Schindler

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

I am thinking these rules eliminate the RTR Pro Boat because of the rear ride pads. Is this correct? Bill

Bill,

Thank you for bringing this up. I guess I did not do enough research on the hulls. The intent is not to outlaw the proboat. I think a rules change is in order as "3-point suspension hull" is too restrictive. I will edit the rules.

#17 Randy Cartright

Randy Cartright

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

Voted The second round.
Randall Cartright

#18 Brandon White

Brandon White

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Voted
Brandon White

#19 Douglas P Shepherd

Douglas P Shepherd

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

Voted Son will be running in 2011

#20 Jeff Schindler

Jeff Schindler

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

Voting has ended for Round 1.

OPT-01 has passed 13 - 5 - 2 - 0. $400 price cap. (updated in Post #2).

OPT-02 has been reduced to the top 2 options. 8 - 6 - 4 - 2. Please re-vote for one of the top two choices.
OPT-03 has passed 14 - 4 - 2 - 0. No pipe modifications allowed. (updated in Post #2)

Thank you for a great turn out of votes!

I have posted the rest of the options to vote on. Please read carefully as I combined OPT-05 and OPT-06 because I am limited to (3) questions per poll, and would like to finish this in a timely manner.

Again, thank you for voting, looks like we will indeed have a strong fleet of RTR's next year. 20 VOTES!!!!

#21 Tim Strange

Tim Strange

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

^^^^^See above ^^^^^

Good job Jeff!

Tim Strange voted...added to discussion at the IMPBA forum...anyone can view this at IMPBA.net without being a member BTW...

#22 Jeremy Linney

Jeremy Linney

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:56 AM

Voted

#23 Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Voted 2nd round. Just a thought, If this is for Dist 14 rules, then shouldnt ONLY Dist 14 people be voting?? Not saying others cant comment on this but I dont think others outside this Dist should be able to count in the outcome of the results. Same thing as IMPBA voting, you vote in the matters that pertain to your Dist. I see two votes from OUTSIDE Dist 14. Just my 2cents.

#24 Jeff Schindler

Jeff Schindler

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

This poll is open to all that intend to race RTR in District 14 during 2010.

I am really happy with the input so far. The reason we need to do this polling with such detailed rules, is to keep the competition fair, and keep the box stock products competitive.

I have been doing some R&D with an RC car. I have never raced an RC car, so I bought a Traxxas Slash 2wd. This runs in a stock class at a local track I had never been to. I went to the track, talked to the people, bought the truck, practiced it, and raced it the next day. I got last place. They do not have any rules posted for their class. The truck costs $240 RTR, and the fast guys that are winning are racing $200 kits with high end motors and ESC's, aftermarket tires, high end shocks, and I'm sure there is some unknown modding that a newbie (like me) have no idea about. Of course they are also VERY good drivers. I still had fun racing my truck, and I will be back, but I felt like I was way behind.

I think that our rules will allow an absolutely new boater and even better experience. That is the goal, hide nothing, and make this class easy for a new boater to be competitve in. Tell them what modifications are allowed. People want to modify their stuff. I want to modify my truck.

This is going to work!

#25 Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

This poll is open to all that intend to race RTR in District 14 during 2010.

I am really happy with the input so far. The reason we need to do this polling with such detailed rules, is to keep the competition fair, and keep the box stock products competitive.

I have been doing some R&D with an RC car. I have never raced an RC car, so I bought a Traxxas Slash 2wd. This runs in a stock class at a local track I had never been to. I went to the track, talked to the people, bought the truck, practiced it, and raced it the next day. I got last place. They do not have any rules posted for their class. The truck costs $240 RTR, and the fast guys that are winning are racing $200 kits with high end motors and ESC's, aftermarket tires, high end shocks, and I'm sure there is some unknown modding that a newbie (like me) have no idea about. Of course they are also VERY good drivers. I still had fun racing my truck, and I will be back, but I felt like I was way behind.

I think that our rules will allow an absolutely new boater and even better experience. That is the goal, hide nothing, and make this class easy for a new boater to be competitve in. Tell them what modifications are allowed. People want to modify their stuff. I want to modify my truck.

This is going to work!

gotcha, all good!! ;) ;)

#26 Mike Starrett

Mike Starrett

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

I fail to see where allowing engine changes is going to help an inexperienced beginner? Beginners need a class to start out in with a boat they can buy Ready To Run. Not Ready To Modify. (they need enough of that already) I have no problem with changing some parts but changing the engine is sort of like comparing a change of shoes to a heart transplant. I'm just sayin'........
Mike

#27 SayMikey

SayMikey

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:53 AM

Mike all an engine swap will do is allow a St into a older Deuce and vise versa. If you own a older boat no more engines are available new from the distributor unless you upgrade or buy a new boat. Make sense? Mike

#28 Jeremy Linney

Jeremy Linney

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

You also gotta look at it from the standpoint that if another manufacturer releases a boat with a superior engine, then everyone with money buys that boat leaving the beginners behind. This way the boat that has already been purchased can be made competitive again with just an engine. If a beginner can't change out an engine, they are probaby in over there head to begin with. But on the other hand, with the pipe vote, changing engine may not be ideal if you can't use pipe designed for the engine you are wanting to install. Lots to think about.

#29 Mike Starrett

Mike Starrett

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:15 AM

Mike all an engine swap will do is allow a St into a older Deuce and vise versa. If you own a older boat no more engines are available new from the distributor unless you upgrade or buy a new boat. Make sense? Mike

Mike, Yes, it does make sense. But I would question the vice-versa part. Mike

#30 Mike Starrett

Mike Starrett

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

You also gotta look at it from the standpoint that if another manufacturer releases a boat with a superior engine, then everyone with money buys that boat leaving the beginners behind. This way the boat that has already been purchased can be made competitive again with just an engine. If a beginner can't change out an engine, they are probaby in over there head to begin with. But on the other hand, with the pipe vote, changing engine may not be ideal if you can't use pipe designed for the engine you are wanting to install. Lots to think about.

Jeremy, All good things to keep in mind. My main interest in being involved in this discussion is in the fact that not one single newbie will get to vote on the rules we make. They're still out there looking at Tower catalogs somewhere. Remember it is an RTR event, meaning it will always be mostly at the whim of the manufacturers. Who by the way, sell there boats to make money first and any other reasons are somewhere down the list. I hope I have given those who haven't voted something to think about. Now we just need to see how the vote turns out and it is what it is.
Thanks, Mike