JAE.90-1.01HG plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

The plans for the JAE.90-101HG have been released and are on the ne-stuff website ready for downloading.

Thanks again to Niklas Edlund for his help in making these plans available to whoever wants them.

As of this time there are no plans for this boat to be a kit from Zippkits.

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/

I might just have to try it as I don't have much else to do ecept to finish up a couple of airplanes I have been working on. This unemployment can get boring at times.

Bob

I am going to apologize in advance to all of you who have posted in this thread for what I am about to say....this is not pointed at you personally but more at the genre of keyboard racing and this just seems to be a good time to say this.....it is the middle of the night and I can't sleep,so get youself a cup of coffee,sit down and read this and please take it the way it is intended....Please excuse a cranky old man but I think this is needed to be said.....

This JAE thing has evolved into something far more that David Hall or I ever dreamed or intended.....

In the beginning we never envisioned the involvement of Zippkits or the interest in the JAE boats we have seen worldwide.We also didn't realize that the JAE basic design could serve gas and fast electric as well as it has....I for one am glad that we are very close to the end of fulfilling what we committed to do....

It is no secret that I am getting old and my health is less than stellar.I can honestly tell you,this JAE thing has pretty much kicked my ass....this has been fun but I am tired... <_<

I personally want to really thank all that took an active part in this JAE effort....most of you will never understand the tremendous effort that went into this undertaking ......

There is nothing about any of the JAE plans that are a "typo or a mistake"........everything JAE has released for consumption has been physically tested,tested and tested somemore....

Please,please,please...to all RC boat racers,stop trying to compare JAE designs to the traditional riggers you have burnt into your brain cells...they are two totally different animals....I know how difficult it can be to wrap your mind around a new approach.It took David Hall and I a couple of years to totally flush our minds of what we thought we knew about out-riggers....

Just because the displacement of our motors increases,the power outputs,overall weights and speeds of our boats do not increase in the same overall proportions as do the motor displacements....

This is why we,at JAE,have gone to the tremendous amount of work and personal cost to build prototypes and test them,all before the boat plans were released ......consider this,the overall length of a boat is not the important dimension.....the overall "footprint" and weight distribution of the boat is what is important....In the JAE's case,that is where the sponsons and ski touch the water....what is even more important in the JAE basic design is "HOW" these points touch the water.....

Take a look at the fuel bottles Truex Jr. has emptied[and this isn't all of them] testing the JAE concept....do you have any idea how many trips to the waters edge it takes to burn this amount of fuel 8OZ's at a time[4OZ's for a .12 boat]???? :wacko: :D ....true,Martin has tested props,pipes,fins etc,etc etc,but the one thing that has remained constant through all of Martins testing has been the exceptional performance of the JAE boats basic design....Zaker took the first prototype 20 boat and ran the life out of it,but it led to the first .12 and .21 boats from Zippkits....Sholund sent several props to try....Kentley took the JAE plans and just killed a couple of long standing records..Niklas Edlund for publishing the plans..etc,etc,etc I am very sorry if I have missed anyone who has contributed to this effort....

The one thing however that always remained constant during this effort was every new boat JAE designed translated "perfectly" from a previously tested boat thus validating the basic JAE design platform.............

If you just can't believe what I have told you or believe the testimonials or videos from the people who have built and run the JAE boats then do me a favor and just "don't build the boat".....

If you think there just might be something to this JAE thing and you are willing to try the boat,build the boat "EXACTLY" like the plans [or kit] that has been released.....install the motor sizes we have designed them for and "run them"....please refrain from keyboard racing and don't be changing the basic plans before construction or criticize something you haven't tried.

If you don't like what we have done then,make changes,build what you think will be a better hydro,physically test it and "show" us a better approach.... ;)

JAE is not here trying to talk anybody into anything...we are just here trying to share what we have learned....

Once again I apologize if I have offended someones sensabilities....get over it ;) .....that wasn't my intent at all... <_< ...The purpose of this whole JAE thing was to get people building [and not just buying]again....possibly spark new interest in nitro and most of all reduce the cost to race RC boats....

Note:#1...as of now there are no current plans to release a set of plans for a .67 boat...

I will publish a boat length that we think a .67 boat should be and you can scale up .45 boat or down a .90-1.01 boat when you print

the plans.All templates will be proportional.

#2...the gas boat length as of now is 40-1/4" inches in length....prototype testing is still in process and nearing completion....

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the gallons is still in Huntsville Martin for got on his last testing trip. :p

I am going to apologize in advance to all of you who have posted in this thread for what I am about to say....this is not pointed at you personally but more at the genre of keyboard racing and this just seems to be a good time to say this.....it is the middle of the night and I can't sleep,so get youself a cup of coffee,sit down and read this and please take it the way it is intended....Please excuse a cranky old man but I think this is needed to be said.....

This JAE thing has evolved into something far more that David Hall or I ever dreamed or intended.....

In the beginning we never envisioned the involvement of Zippkits or the interest in the JAE boats we have seen worldwide.We also didn't realize that the JAE basic design could serve gas and fast electric as well as it has....I for one am glad that we are very close to the end of fulfilling what we committed to do....

It is no secret that I am getting old and my health is less than stellar.I can honestly tell you,this JAE thing has pretty much kicked my ass....this has been fun but I am tired... <_<

I personally want to really thank all that took an active part in this JAE effort....most of you will never understand the tremendous effort that went into this undertaking ......

There is nothing about any of the JAE plans that are a "typo or a mistake"........everything JAE has released for consumption has been physically tested,tested and tested somemore....

Please,please,please...to all RC boat racers,stop trying to compare JAE designs to the traditional riggers you have burnt into your brain cells...they are two totally different animals....I know how difficult it can be to wrap your mind around a new approach.It took David Hall and I a couple of years to totally flush our minds of what we thought we knew about out-riggers....

Just because the displacement of our motors increases,the power outputs,overall weights and speeds of our boats do not increase in the same overall proportions as do the motor displacements....

This is why we,at JAE,have gone to the tremendous amount of work and personal cost to build prototypes and test them,all before the boat plans were released ......consider this,the overall length of a boat is not the important dimension.....the overall "footprint" and weight distribution of the boat is what is important....In the JAE's case,that is where the sponsons and ski touch the water....what is even more important in the JAE basic design is "HOW" these points touch the water.....

Take a look at the fuel bottles Truex Jr. has emptied[and this isn't all of them] testing the JAE concept....do you have any idea how many trips to the waters edge it takes to burn this amount of fuel 8OZ's at a time[4OZ's for a .12 boat]???? :wacko: :D ....true,Martin has tested props,pipes,fins etc,etc etc,but the one thing that has remained constant through all of Martins testing has been the exceptional performance of the JAE boats basic design....Zaker took the first prototype 20 boat and ran the life out of it,but it led to the first .12 and .21 boats from Zippkits....Sholund sent several props to try....Kentley took the JAE plans and just killed a couple of long standing records..Niklas Edlund for publishing the plans..etc,etc,etc I am very sorry if I have missed anyone who has contributed to this effort....

The one thing however that always remained constant during this effort was every new boat JAE designed translated "perfectly" from a previously tested boat thus validating the basic JAE design platform.............

If you just can't believe what I have told you or believe the testimonials or videos from the people who have built and run the JAE boats then do me a favor and just "don't build the boat".....

If you think there just might be something to this JAE thing and you are willing to try the boat,build the boat "EXACTLY" like the plans [or kit] that has been released.....install the motor sizes we have designed them for and "run them"....please refrain from keyboard racing and don't be changing the basic plans before construction or criticize something you haven't tried.

If you don't like what we have done then,make changes,build what you think will be a better hydro,physically test it and "show" us a better approach.... ;)

JAE is not here trying to talk anybody into anything...we are just here trying to share what we have learned....

Once again I apologize if I have offended someones sensabilities....get over it ;) .....that wasn't my intent at all... <_< ...The purpose of this whole JAE thing was to get people building [and not just buying]again....possibly spark new interest in nitro and most of all reduce the cost to race RC boats....

Note:#1...as of now there are no current plans to release a set of plans for a .67 boat...

I will publish a boat length that we think a .67 boat should be and you can scale up .45 boat or down a .90-1.01 boat when you print

#2...the gas boat length as of now is 40-1/4" inches in length....prototype testing is still in process and nearing completion....

Excellent post Rod.

To accomplish what you guys have (all the innovators involved in the JAE "project/s) as a collective group is nothing short of exceptional on so many levels.

Following the "design/testing groups" exceptional efforts of not just one set of plans but several, in addition to providing advice to the masses etc you all should be commended. Add to that, to make this design available to the worldwide forum free of charge is testament to a very strong and unwavering committment to the sport that is rarely seen, and certainly seldom recognised as it should be.

Excellent efforts all round guys, you all certainly deserve more than a pat on the back and I am sure many more worldwide would agree.....................keep up the excellent work and THANK YOU for passing your efforts, passion and knowledge onto us all.

Johno

The purpose of this whole JAE thing was to get people building [and not just buying]again....possibly spark new interest in nitro and most of all reduce the cost to race RC boats....

That is something that is lacking in todays racing. Not enough people building. I personally believe the RTR is good and bad for the sport. It gets them in the door, but thats it. They never learned to go further than that and soon loss interest. Saw it with a group of racers that came through our dist when the vegas came out.

Mike

Thanks for the information. I think I will take the .45 plans and the .90 plans and split the difference and see if it works. It should be close.

Thanks

Bob

Thanks for the information. I think I will take the .45 plans and the .90 plans and split the difference and see if it works. It should be close.

Thanks

Bob

Bob...I think you will be very happy with that decision..... ;)

That is what we would do....

Thanks

Bob
Instead of trying the already tested design ? I'm anxious to have a super light X Hydro , might try one soon .
Great.....if you decide to go for it,let us know the results.....if you want to talk about it give me a call....

The purpose of this whole JAE thing was to get people building [and not just buying]again....possibly spark new interest in nitro and most of all reduce the cost to race RC boats....

That is something that is lacking in todays racing. Not enough people building. I personally believe the RTR is good and bad for the sport. It gets them in the door, but thats it. They never learned to go further than that and soon loss interest. Saw it with a group of racers that came through our dist when the vegas came out.

Mike
i agree with mike 100%. when i first got into boating in 1980, i could not wait to get home from school and mess up my mother's kitchen table :rolleyes: it took me god knows how long to finish it,but the satisfaction of seeing it run for the first time was undisribable.it is great to see so many people getting in the hobby with(plug and play) but i have alway been a moddeler and love building and tinkering with nitro stuff(boats,cars,planes).it is great to see a group of people care about there hobby and be so deddicated to what they love, that they would go ABOVE AND BEON!! i have always loved the riggerclass because it is fast,unpredictable,finiky,and keeps your reflexes sharp.thanks so much for breathing new life in to ,nitro and boating in general.PS,hey rod,forget about the heath issue and keep on

doing what you do!! :D mike costanzo.

Rod;

I am in the process of building the 67 size JAE from the CAD drawings you sent me about a year ago. Remember?

I was given a couple of new in box 65's (old school motors to say the least) and will be using these in the boat.

I will forward results to you after the boat is done and it finally gets wet.

Yeah, i know, it is about time i got off my butt and built it. Just got my new hip in Dec. and learning to walk all over again.

:D :D

Carl Cisneros

Rod sorry if you feel that i was keyboard racing, it was that i needed some clarification. i was in no way trying to minamize the time, efforts and dedication that the JAE team has put into this project it is truley appreciated what you guys have done. the pics on the site where you get the plans showed Mr Hall holding a gas boat and this is where my interest is but the plans are not for a gas boat but for a 90/ 1.01 and i wanted to get the demisions for the gas boat (which you posted in your response here) and to find out if the 90 is scaled up or what numbers are. sorry for any misunderstanding

Latest posts

Back