• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 markjor

markjor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Zenoah 260 Mid engine F1 Tunnel hull is ready to race .

Attached File  j2.jpg   55.71KB   411 downloads
Attached File  j2.jpg   55.71KB   411 downloads
Attached File  j1.jpg   56.36KB   185 downloads
Attached File  100_7049.JPG   1.04MB   194 downloads

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=_8WTfBGEXqw

video

Well after a couple of weeks of sorting out the engine placement , boat is no up and racing . At its first race meeting in open petrol tunnel finished with 2 seconds and a crash , boat is on the pace but a bit slow in the corners , over proped a little but have ordered some smaller dia props to run , boat is running full modified Omen race engine and vodoo 7016 prop , gps reading 93 ks but will improve on that with a few more revs ,boat is sitting just like the real boat and so much fun to drive .

Attached Files

#2 HOOTERS Racing

HOOTERS Racing

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

looks very nice mate i know what im building after my trailer

cheers

#3 steath assassin

steath assassin

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:10 AM

I like how you have set the tunnel up with IB power but, will a Gas OB leg fit on the transom?

#4 steath assassin

steath assassin

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

Bottom pics?

#5 sneakysneakyracing

sneakysneakyracing

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

Bottom pics?

Nice work.

its good to see that you have taken the time to build a nice boat. but i still cant understand why you did it?
A inboard tunnel running on GAS for what? if you have the time and money why not try a geard twin with two K&B 7.5 pro power heads. on a 1.2 gearbox.
80.000 rpm and 6hp stock in a 33in delta force and you have yourself a invention and a winner in mono class.

to much gas is not a good thing we all have to remember that it all started with nitro.

just be sure that you plant some trees before you test the inboard GAS F1 next time

#6 markjor

markjor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

Will put some bottom pictures on later, a zenoah outboard leg will fit on the back and will go well , should have one being tested in a few weeks , will keep you posted , we built the gas tunnel so when the real F1 boats race in our town we can put a scale race as well , we have a group of guys all keen to race these as a F1 class not for oval racing , most of us are over nitro and gas is the go

Will put more photos and video up later this week i hope

#7 moparbarn

moparbarn

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

gas is for the car to get to the races, batteries are for tx's & rx's, NITRO IS FOR RACING! just kidding :P :lol: :lol: ! cool looking boat, very nice build. just not sure about a "fake" outboard ? i understand the reasoning, hardware & such is cheaper, simpler & more readily available to do an ib version. does the dummy ob turn with the rudder? that would really complete the illusion.

#8 Mark Poole ModVP

Mark Poole ModVP

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

If the knuckle draggers from Jacksonville see that they will be runnin scared! Speaking of which, anybody seen those rednecks anywhere?

#9 white ice

white ice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

Markie the only reason you crashed was because you were too busy seeing how good the boat looked on the water and forgot to turn at bouy one!!!!!!!!!!

#10 steath assassin

steath assassin

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

Another IB power gas tunnel coming about.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#11 Hesco Racing

Hesco Racing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:34 AM

Could you post some picture of the back of your boat? I have a F1 gas hull but the boats her use Lawless and Morty legs and cables seem to still be problem. That is why this class is not growing here. I have toyed with doing an inboard like yours.

#12 Gator 340

Gator 340

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

If the knuckle draggers from Jacksonville see that they will be runnin scared! Speaking of which, anybody seen those rednecks anywhere?

Yeah Pool we are still around just taking a break over the long hot summer We will see you in October.

#13 markjor

markjor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

Attached File  100_7054.JPG   475.82KB   86 downloads

We have run the stuffing tube basically surface drive and on the last run we where pulling 17500 revs with a vodoo 1716 2 blade prop , boat is handling well and with a little positive on the strut cornering very nicely , you can email me at markjordan@tsn.cc if you want more info

#14 steath assassin

steath assassin

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

Attached File  100_7054.JPG   475.82KB   86 downloads

We have run the stuffing tube basically surface drive and on the last run we where pulling 17500 revs with a vodoo 1716 2 blade prop , boat is handling well and with a little positive on the strut cornering very nicely , you can email me at markjordan@tsn.cc if you want more info

Oh, I had no Idea It was a mod vp boat...

#15 markjor

markjor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

maybe run in the mono class as well