converting a proboat miss bud to brushless

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_hedlund

Hello

I'm considering converting my Miss Bud

miss elam( repainted to the Miss Elam) to electric perfferably brushless, Anybody have any suggestions. I'm going to have to replace the entire drive system. I would like to have adjustable strut. My current boat is the old hull ( straight shaft) . I did a search a few weeks ago nut i found nothing.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the same project. I have a proboat Miss Bud (flex shaft) hull I'm converting to electric. I'll report my progress here with pics as I go.

Update.

Installed the Grimracer turn fin.

Mounted the Hardware (y535 prop)

Interior shot

Mounted the motor

Placed (not mounted) the electronics

Room for the batteries (decided on Lipo)

Click the picture for a larger image!

That is cool, Is that the SuperVee motor and speed control?? I have to hold off on mine, i'm building another 1/8 scale so all my hobby money is going into that. How does run?

Ya. The Motor and ESC are from my SV27. The turn fin is from Aquacraft Grimracer. The radio is JR XR3I FM and the servo is a Futaba S3003. The prop is a balanced & sharpened Y535. All other parts are stock Proboat.

I used the engine mount from a 1/8 Miss Bud, cut it down, then drilled it out to marry to the SV27 Motor bracket.

Hi Guys,

I just finished a sport hydro that the customer wanted the SV27 setup in. The one I built is a bit smaller but your still going to need a bigger prop on the boat. I ran a pitched up X642 and the boat ran very well for almost 5 minutes with some old 3700 12 cell packs I had. You can shim up the prop shaft with brass tubing so the 3/16ths bore props fit.

Good luck with it,

Paul.

Thank you for the info Paul. I did get a shim made from a friend to use 3/16 props. I have an X642 to try.

I also have an X632, should I even bother with that one?

Hello every one I'm new to the site but I like what I see.We have a the same set up and we are seeing 38 on the radar gun with this set up.I have another hydro the pro boat the llumar model in 1/12 scale with a nemisis 9 wnd xl with the octura x442 2 blade with the hydra 240 esc that we are seeing speeds of 50 plus with a thunder power 4 cell lipo and if you throw the octura 447 2 blade prop on will actually flip the boat over back wards what a rush with that prop you want to just hit in short spurts.

My ProBoat conversion, which ran a Neu 1515 1.5D and 12-cells, absolutly FLEW on a Prather 215...

The SV27 motor has a TON of torque, but lower RPMs... (about 1800KV... or roughly 21,600 RPM on 12-cells loaded... a bit higher with 4S Lipos)... It will turn a good sized prop, and the hull will handle it as well... Try an X642 or so for starters...

Hi,

A X632 will be way to small. As Darin pointed out the SV27 motor is a torque motor so starting with the 642 will be the way to go.

Paul.

Took a video of her run. 1 handed driving lol.

I ran the X642, then the Grimracer 42x55. the grimracer seems a tiny bit faster, so that was the one I videoed.

Video <--

Ran her again today with the Ammo motor 36-50-2300. I went back down to the X642 prop. I used EP4200 12 cells.

She ran 37.2mph (garmin e-trex)

Here's the 37.2 Mph Video w/crash
Looked a lot better in the second vid. Did you have to do any mods to get the boat water tight? Man that pond looks smooth, I haven't ran on smooth water like that ever. Mind if I drop by for a few runs? ;)

Looked a lot better in the second vid. Did you have to do any mods to get the boat water tight? Man that pond looks smooth, I haven't ran on smooth water like that ever. Mind if I drop by for a few runs? ;)
Please do. We'd enjoy having you here. That water is always calm. there are 2 identical ponds, one on the other side of the road. If one side is a tiny bit choppy, the other side is flat. Don't know why, but it is.

I can't believe I just figured this out, but yesterday, without camera, I stood on the side where I could make left to right passes. It was so much better running that way.

Please do. We'd enjoy having you here. That water is always calm. there are 2 identical ponds, one on the other side of the road. If one side is a tiny bit choppy, the other side is flat. Don't know why, but it is.

I can't believe I just figured this out, but yesterday, without camera, I stood on the side where I could make left to right passes. It was so much better running that way.
Myself and a few friends just got back from one of our local ponds and we were all discussing converting some of the Proboat hydro's over to FE over the winter. Going to run them on 4 cell lipo with 8XL or 7XL motors. I know the hulls are a bit heavy but they should make for a nice stable hydro.

Myself and a few friends just got back from one of our local ponds and we were all discussing converting some of the Proboat hydro's over to FE over the winter. Going to run them on 4 cell lipo with 8XL or 7XL motors. I know the hulls are a bit heavy but they should make for a nice stable hydro.
My LHS has 1 Llumar (hull only) & 1 Bud (flex shaft hull only) for $75 I got mine there. Let me know if you want one or both...

They are brand new in the box!

My LHS has 1 Llumar (hull only) & 1 Bud (flex shaft hull only) for $75 I got mine there. Let me know if you want one or both...

Wow that sounds like a great deal! I may take the flex hull for sure. Let me know how much shipping will be to 14301, NY.

Wow that sounds like a great deal! I may take the flex hull for sure. Let me know how much shipping will be to 14301, NY.
PM sent

Back