Racing graphics templates

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Beaumont

I'd like to throw some graphics on my Wildthing and then Clear over them. I would like to make the graphics at home on the printer using decal paper. What has worked for you guys and do you have a good set of templates that you use for some high color, loud graphics that really stand out? I am essentially looking for some cool fonts to use with Word so that I can write out my daughter's name on the boat.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Curtis

The lettering that was on your Leecraft, when you got it from Grayle, was done with an ink jet printer on clear label sheets. My old computer system had a huge font library.

I took some graphic design and digital imaging classes back in the late 90's when I relocated back to the Twin Cities from Bemidji Mn. It was part of a software bundle that was required for the classes.

Larry,

Can those labels be sealed with an automotive clear coat or will the ink disolve?

Thanks Greg,

I found a couple of sites this morning and played around with some different fill patterns in Word and Power Point. I attached one of the pictures I created that I may print on the decal sheet. I figure I will go with a bright lime green at the mono tone with the graphic on top.

I would like to know how well the colors stay if hit with a clear finish.

Greg, have you heard from your dad when he might want to paint? It hasn't warmed up much since he and I talked.

Thanks for the help guys,

C

Hazel's Hurricane text.png

HH Pic.PNG

Curtis,

We are hoping that next Saturday, March 29th will be warm enough. This weekend still looks to cold. Let us know if that works for you. If not we can do it a different day.

Curtis, I found that some colors printed on clear labels did not show up well on dark backgrounds, and when printed onto white labels worked fine. Closer trimming to the design printed is required with the white labels to look right when applied.

Thanks Greg,

That Saturday will work for me. Just have him or you shoot me an email.

Larry, I was concerned about that, so I have been printing out the graphics on paper with the proposed background color behind it to see. I am hoping to print it out on a clear sheet first to see what they look like over the color base.

Can't wait to get these on there,

C

I'll get the hardware put on and take a few pictures. They really don't do it justice. I can't tell you how nice it came out. I flubbed the decals a bit. Maybe the wrong lacquer to keep the ink from running, or maybe not dried long enough, but they got a little funky on the lettering, and weird coloring on the number. Otherwise though, from a distance, you can't tell and the paint itself is amazing. I am really thankful to Bob for doing the paint job and showing me the process. Much more than I could have bitten off and he dedicated an afternoon to doing it. Thanks again, Bob.

I'll get it put together and snap a picture with the namesake, my little girl, Hazel (4 yo).

Curtis

Back