RTR 18 HYDROPLANE (DISTRICT 14) RULES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Schindler

I have appointed myself to construct official rules for District 14 for the class of RTR 18 HYDROPLANE. I would like to ask that the powers that be on this forum to allow us to use this thread as a tool to develop the above mentioned rules.

The scope of these rules are for District 14, but we encourage other clubs and districts to try the class out, as this class has grown to be very strong in our District over the last couple years. Once completed we will propose the rules to IMPBA.

We have had much discussion over the past 3 weeks in the forum on IMPBA.net, and I would now like to give everyone a chance to vote on the various points. I feel that the polling tools on this site are superior for this task. My rules for voting is that you vote only if you intend to race in District 14, and that If you vote, you post your name in this thread. I can see what users vote, and I have a list of current IMPBA members. I have no interest in manipulating the votes, but I reserve the right to nullify any votes that I feel do not meet the scope of this project.

I would like to thank everyone for your input. You have the power to make this class great.

The voting has closed and the results have been updated into the attached official rules.

RTR 18 HYDROPLANE_RULES OF COMPETITION.pdf

Attachments

• RTR 18 HYDROPLANE_RULES OF COMPETITION.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
From the other forum......I have captured this discussion into rules with 6 voting options. The first three voting options are now active on intlwaters at www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=42737&st= The voting will end at midnight next Sunday, then we will vote on options 4-6. At the conclusion we will have another open discussion. I invite you all to vote at the above website. Please contain as much discussion to this site, and post your name after your vote, as some of you have handles on intlwaters that are different from your name. Thank You all for your input thus far. Lets make this class great.

Didn't know where to put my name after I voted. It's Bill Wachtler and I race D6 and D4. I will be making a trip to Evansville just because of your success with the RTR class. I have been trying to get it going at the TCMBC with not a lot of success. Three to four boats is about all we get with no growth in the last couple years. Thanks for the effort you are putting in to make this class a success. I think it is the future of our hobby as old farts like me will drop out and their are not new people coming in to replace us. Bill

Were do you sign that you voted?

Randall Cartright

r

I have appointed myself to construct official rules for District 14 for the class of SPORT RTR 18. I would like to ask that the powers that be on this forum to allow us to use this thread as a tool to develop the above mentioned rules.

The scope of these rules are for District 14, but we encourage other clubs and districts to try the class out, as this class has grown to be very strong in our District over the last couple years. Once completed we will propose the rules to IMPBA.

We have had much discussion over the past 3 weeks in the forum on IMPBA.net, and I would now like to give everyone a chance to vote on the various points. I feel that the polling tools on this site are superior for this task. My rules for voting is that you vote only if you intend to race in District 14, and that If you vote, you post your name in this thread. I can see what users vote, and I have a list of current IMPBA members. I have no interest in manipulating the votes, but I reserve the right to nullify any votes that I feel do not meet the scope of this project.

I would like to thank everyone for your input. You have the power to make this class great.

I think Jeff needs applause for taking this bull by the horns and tackleing it GOOD JOB JEFF!!!!

I am thinking these rules eliminate the RTR Pro Boat because of the rear ride pads. Is this correct? Bill

One thing you might want to take a look at is "normal distribution channels" or something like that.. the way it is now if somebody makes 3 custom one offs and sell them to a hobby shop.. they are allowed to run.

Grim

I am thinking these rules eliminate the RTR Pro Boat because of the rear ride pads. Is this correct? Bill

Bill,

Thank you for bringing this up. I guess I did not do enough research on the hulls. The intent is not to outlaw the proboat. I think a rules change is in order as "3-point suspension hull" is too restrictive. I will edit the rules.

Voting has ended for Round 1.

OPT-01 has passed 13 - 5 - 2 - 0. $400 price cap. (updated in Post #2).

OPT-02 has been reduced to the top 2 options. 8 - 6 - 4 - 2. Please re-vote for one of the top two choices.

OPT-03 has passed 14 - 4 - 2 - 0. No pipe modifications allowed. (updated in Post #2)

Thank you for a great turn out of votes!

I have posted the rest of the options to vote on. Please read carefully as I combined OPT-05 and OPT-06 because I am limited to (3) questions per poll, and would like to finish this in a timely manner.

Again, thank you for voting, looks like we will indeed have a strong fleet of RTR's next year. 20 VOTES!!!!

Back