Old K&B outboard not for sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve

That is not a K&B. It was made by a company named Allyn (not sure of spelling). I have one but it is a single .049 cylinder. You have the deluxe model LOL

Bill Hoch

I've had this engine since I was about 12 years old. It hasn't been run since I was about 13.
The boat that was available with those outboards was made of metal, I think it was steel with a baked enamel coating that was fuel proof. We went through more fuel just trying to get the engine started than we ever did running it. Still it was a beginning-I was 10Thanks John

I had both a twin and single Allyn and I think they were called "Sea Furies." Not sure I ever got the twin to fire. Never did try running them on a boat. I had much more success with .049s in the old Miss Thriftway hydroplanes. Set the rudder for a turn, put them in the water, and let them run till the fuel was gone. Middle to late 50s. 60 years later and still playing with "toy boats."

Thanks for sharing the photo.

JD

I remember the box it came in and the name on the box said K&B Allyn, Sea Fury. This one was not a twin .049, this one is either a twin .060 or a twin .074. I don't remember.

It was run on a boat called a Snappy.

Back