STV River Rocket Catamaran now at ML Boatworks!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Just acquired a really nice set of molds to make a great replica of the STV River Rocket from Gary Murcott. This boat is 40"x 16.5" wide. Just laid up the first one last night. Pics of that posted below. Perfect size for inboard gas, or inboard (or) outboard FE/ nitro. I would like to make a seat tray for this so us FE guys can have a really sweet replica hull! Here are some pics. If you have interest, contact me soon, as I have 11 on the list already, and lots more interest is stirring, and i have not gone to Scream and Fly yet..I hear some of there have been waiting for this hull to be sold for a while. Only a couple were made from the molds, and it runs real nice. Here are some pics of the only one built, and the molds, and a video. The boat will be available with solid gel coat colors, or metal flake as I have about 40 colors available! PM me for more info, or ask here if you like! Mike Luszcz, www.mlboatworksrc.com

The molds. These pics were from when I first got them. I have stripped all the old paste wax, fully polished them again, and added Frecote NC-770 mold release:

20170526_122006_zpsjf9pzn4r.jpg

20170526_121740_zpssah4kgvq.jpg

The hull like you see, with solid gel coat colors, full carbon layup is $350 plus shipping. Add metal flake to the top deck, add $25, add metal flake to the bottom hull, add another $25. Thanks, Mike

The hull like you see, with solid gel coat colors, full carbon layup is $350 plus shipping. Add metal flake to the top deck, add $25, add metal flake to the bottom hull, add another $25. Thanks, Mike
mike,

does this hull have ply or composite engine mounting rails, cross brace and transom doubler ?

mike,

does this hull have ply or composite engine mounting rails, cross brace and transom doubler ?
mike,

I just saw the photos of your finished hulls with rails on JRCBD.COM

beautiful hull

excellent workmanship

Guys, I'm currently at the IMPBA Gas Nats and got to see the STV that Mike donated to the raffle at the banquet tonight. The workmanship on the hull is excellent, sponson lines and edges are sharp and crisp, the engine rail stingers are stout and straight. The 'glass work is beautiful and the metallic finish top with white bottom looked awesome. Robbin Stebbins from right here in D12 won the boat so hopefully I'll get to see it rigged and running soon. Super nice work Mike!
default_smile.png

That wrap to center header makes your set up look really cool but it also makes for a really LONG pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind works Don and everyone else. Its a really cool boat! Im glad Robin got it, he will enjoy it for sure!

Sorry all the pics have disappeared. Photobucket pulled a fast one on all of the population by forcing a $400 a year fee to use photos in this manor. I have purchased a smugmug page, so all future photos will be loaded on there. I am transitioning now. This will also make it much easier for everyone to view build manuals and pics from now on for ML Boatworks items. Mike

Back