looking to build a elect to race with f hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam larvenz

Supporting Member
Hi Every one been dreaming of building a rigger to race f hydro electric 80 + for 9 laps like Mister Ressor vidio looking at castle esc tp or neu motor and has to meet impba rules thinking t class basically open class , would my sg 80 eagle work for this conversion ? I have been nitro and gas now hope electric Thanks adam larvenz

You can run in a open class, Q electric would be the most common for this. As for "converting" a gas/nitro to FE, that in NOT an easy task, the tun layout is WAY different for FE and I would suggest you either look at building a FE or make a new tub and use the sponsors from the SG. If your area has a big following of FE boats they would run the FE's in their own class, but a good many do not have this so hence the open class, a run what ya bung deal.

Paul

I would second Paul's suggestion. Converting a Nitro boat is not easy especially an Eagle. Eagle's that are built from the start as FE riggers do run well, but the motor, battery and controller placement is different compared to a nitro conversion.

Although a Q hydro would have plenty of speed, you may need some additional mass to keep the boat competitive in race water. F or X hydro's can really open up holes and waves that would throw off a light boat. A heavy Q consumes a lot of amps making it hard on the controller.

For a good open hydro, look at 8S1P with 5000mAh batteries, a motor around 1000kv so you can run 55-65mm props and a 240A speed controller.

Tyler

Thanks to every one think i will go to a fe hull . castle speed controler and 10 cell noticed some clubs have a 4 cell limit may need to down size . to 4 and jae fe still like big power lol any way thanks for all the help adam larvenz

Hi brad I am at 3306-38th street Moline,il 61265 I looked at the jae 21 and keps plans but urs is built which I like . so if for sale send me a price I in d4 roostertails closest race Mendota ,il I believe I am no where as good as Peter Collins or Mark voorhies at this both r GREAT Guys I am trying to become a driver now have toys very little expereance or driving time .

Back