Twin set up chew on this..............

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

OK let me throw this out there for you all to chew on.

Twin rigger set up .......V cut game changer on the inside eng and no V cut on the out side eng.

I know many have tried different diameters and pitch props to compensate for the load difference on a twin rigger.

Now think about how the props ride in the water?

In the straits you are on the top of the prop?

So different diameters will not work in the straits?

Now different pitch props will work different all the time?

Will a V cut close to the hub with every thing else the same load the same when on top of the prop in the straits?

Will a V cut unload the inside prop when the boat drops down in the corners and the cut will be in control of the prop?

Chew on this and let me know what you think.

J said your not putting that SH!T on my boat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOL

Ralph you game????????

What's the radius of the typical turn you'll be propping for, and how far apart are the props spaced? A tight course is going to have a 25' radius turn on the inside lane, 300" Let's say proper center lines are 3" apart, so that's 1% difference. In most instances you'll be well under that 1%.

I'd venture to say the fast guys setup their twins piped, propped and tuned to run as one and it's damned hard to achieve that.

Dave....Its not the unload in the corners...And the "New" boat is the boat that We..YES.....We first saw the issue. SO GOOD LUCK in your testing...

Oh one other thing...RED Vs. GOLD are TWO very different animals... You well not see it in all it GLORY until you are GOLD...

Don't believe me call me what ever you feel...but the facts still remain. Only one boat is making Hard laps with Game Changers...…..Fact.

Dave....Its not the unload in the corners...And the "New" boat is the boat that We..YES.....We first saw the issue. SO GOOD LUCK in your testing...

Oh one other thing...RED Vs. GOLD are TWO very different animals... You well not see it in all it GLORY until you are GOLD...

Don't believe me call me what ever you feel...but the facts still remain. Only one boat is making Hard laps with Game Changers.....Fact.
. Please tell me what boat is in question that ( WE ) discovered this issue because all Twins have this issue this is not new. I have run different diameters, pitch etc etc on all RR Twins I have owned and raced but never have a I put a bar cut and a non bar cut on a twin. I wont be the one doing that.

From the testing I have done with the eagle tree system on my twin you lose almost 6K RPM on the inside motor while the outside motor rpm dont change much on the turn thats a fact.

Red head 101s are just as good as the gold head rs evo engines that comes down to the tuner and the driver plus what boat finished their heats its not the fastest boat that always win the race.

. Please tell us whos the only one boat that running hard laps with game changers other than Truex ???

Ralph twin runs extremely fast at the pond, joes twins ran fast, Rauls 91 twin runs flawless, my twin run very fast during testing using game changers so please elaborate and stop speaking code like we are in high school. There plenty of racers using them some have better results than others.

I have ran 2717,2719,2721 and soon 2723 and 2817,2819,2821 and 2821 V cuts props on my twin Hydro all the props ran perfect on my twin and my redheads pull those props with ease fast speed and rpms

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
would you be able to tell me how much different diameters, pitch etc etc, you change from left prop to right prop?

​does it effect how the boat drives in a straight line?

I only ask as I have a twin petrol rigger and would like it to corner without loading the inside motor.

LOL ....................some never grow out of the HS glory days...................................LOL

I like the gold head knife port 1.01 sleeve in a red head case with a billet piston my self..................
default_wink.png

so you would rather talk sh*t than answer are real question, no wonder people get put off this site!!!!

Jamie

Will see if those that have run a twin with different props will chime in and share what thy have done.

I my self have never run a twin just putting out some food for thought.

May be if you try what I have purposed and see what it dose?

TOM TOM TOM why always broken parts pic..................................time to get over it already...........................

Got the Vector to 100 MPH today and still all in one piece.......................
default_happy.png

Jamie

Will see if those that have run a twin with different props will chime in and share what thy have done.

I my self have never run a twin just putting out some food for thought.

May be if you try what I have purposed and see what it dose?
thanks for your input David, I might get a second prop and give it a go.

I wold love to hear how it works if you give it a try.

would be easy to test back to back just swap out the inside prop.

Back