Low Speed Needle Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke Mordja

After good and bad times with my CMB 67 low speed needle for 2+ years, I finally cut it off.

Boat seems much happier without it (as many suggested to me)

Is there much of a performance gain between: (1) cutting off the needle completely out of throat of carburetor or (2) backing out the needle to a point it is not functional but still in the throat of the carburetor??

Any input would be appreciated.

if you don't run them they won't cause you any problems
Definately true. Ran yesterday and not having low speed needle took one step out from setting up the needle.

No Problems anymore.
default_smile.png

After good and bad times with my CMB 67 low speed needle for 2+ years, I finally cut it off.

Boat seems much happier without it (as many suggested to me)

Is there much of a performance gain between: (1) cutting off the needle completely out of throat of carburetor or (2) backing out the needle to a point it is not functional but still in the throat of the carburetor??

Any input would be appreciated.
Duke,

For a rigger hydro, cut it off flush at the end of the threads, screw it all the way in.

For a scale hydro, if you like to troll, open the carb wide open, take an index drill, .110, adjust the mid range so the drill is your gauge, good start point, it will help getting from a crawl to full throttle.

Back