district 4 race schedule 2018

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had good winter meeting

The club presidents

See attached

Awards were

David Preusses. High points 1/8th Scale and overall District

Al Archer Sportsmanship award...... thanks Dan took me by surprise

Dan Pralle LSG sport hydro high points

Keith Ray barely edged out Chad for thunderboat high points

Keith Ray by only 50 points won Thunderbolt high points

Doug Peterson won super sport mono High points

And of course Mr bandit bouts Chad Greene won JS high points..... I've beat him once

Dates for district 4 races in 2018.pdf

Attachments

• Dates for district 4 races in 2018.pdf
    195.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Big Al.. that link is not working.. is there anything I can do to help?

Grim

Not sure why the Badger Club Race information didn't get translated correctly.

The May 19-20 race is now what we call our Spring Memorial Race. A two day - 5 heat event utilizing the shootout format.

The July 7-8 race is now called something on the order of the Firecracker Challenge. Again a two day - 5 heat race also utilizing the 5 heat and shootout format.

The Turkey Shoot was squeezed out by the schedule and in place of it we decided to focus back on what it was originally intended for and that was a fun run type event, and not a race. In its place we are looking to do a Badger Model Boat Club Regatta. This is an event with boats of all types. (sport, sail etc.) The date of August 25 is very tentative as well as the event itself and should not have been included in the D4 Race schedule.

Thanks to all the D4 Clubs for adjusting their original race dates so we could accommodate our goal of reaching more space between our venues.

Doug

Why all the two day races? Its been a few years since I've raced, I was thinking about getting back in, but the two day format makes it very difficult and expensive.

I will admit, and in my opinion, the two day race is in favor of the "handful of club guy's" that have to do the work to host the race. The two day race makes it worthwhile for the "handful". Otherwise the one day consist of Set Up, Work the Race and then Take Down. Not much time for the "handful" to enjoy the racing and the friends that attend. As a racer that travels, I look for two day races to make it worth my time.

Brad - plan to come for at least one day. You won't be in the medal hunt, but that's a minor reason to race.

Doug

and for people like me that live in the middle of gods country everything is a haul. so 2 days races even if it was a one day race i plan on a min of 3 days travel ( to and from )

and for people like me that live in the middle of gods country everything is a haul. so 2 days races even if it was a one day race i plan on a min of 3 days travel ( to and from )
Whoa are you back Mr. washed up has been. I will by you drink at the bar>my choice lol

2018 COME BACK TOUR

i can see it now

PLUS a free drink

how many days to Mt Vernon to drive there

not knowing what bar Mikey is talking about?
default_wink.png

its 9 hrs from here Marty... Chris driving... it was still 9.... lol... course... we had a chevy tho... it did... pull the trailor too... Race sight is great..... back up and drop the ramp.... I don't remember the bars... but theyre there.... 20 hydro guys... may as well keep em in the trailor... Ive seen it.... lol.... somebody send chris a couple grand in plugs and we'll get the party started... ill give him the fuel...

Back