Silent Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUNLBOTR

Today I received the news that fellow D3 NAMBA racer Gary Erwine has passed away after a long battle.

On behalf of the Brandon Model Boaters condolences go out to his family.

A World Tunnel Champion that will be missed by many.

Godspeed Gary.

Premo

My condolences to the family. He will be missed.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad Gary was able to make it out for a visit a while back , as much as I hate to say it, I kinda knew it may be the last time we saw him.

God Speed to one of the good ones. RIP Gary .

Gary was a true friend on and off the pond. I have missed him not being at the races for the last 4 1/2 years while he was battling this terrible disease. I will always remember him as fierce competitor, but was always there to help anyone in need. It was him that kept me in this hobby when I would get burned out, I could surely use him now. He loved tunnel boats and he always kept me busy building them for him even when he didn't really need one,because I needed the money when I lost my job. He will live on inside of us to those that knew him well. Please keep you're thoughts and prayers to his wonderful wife Lordez who has taking care of him thru all of this. Gone but not forgotten. Rest on peace, Shawn

Very sad news ! I have missed seeing Gary at the races as it was always a pleasure to see him!

Back in 1996 when Shawn and Rich Junker and myself started running on a small pond just up the road from Cypress Gardens we IMMEDIATELY attracted about a dozen people who built and started running.

Jeff Whiddon, worked at Second Effort with Garbrecht

Matt Osborn, Shawns friend who owned the Marina on the Chain of lakes

Gary owned the Merc dealer in Frostproof Florida

Paul Hisey owned the hobby shop

Lee Bruce owned the Mattress Store

Keith Brimlow, and that little dog koko

Rick Crocker

Greg and Nick Cope

WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES.

IN memory of Gary, Lee, and Keith. We have lost three of the old Polk County group.

They are with Herbie, tearing up something.

Back