oil for nitro fuel mixing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael faszcza

I got my certification to purchase bulk 100% nitro .what lube do you guys recommend for doing my own 50% mix ?

Klotz Super Techniplate 80/20 is the only way to go in my opinion... We have been mixing with Klotz for 22 years..

Last edited by a moderator:
Either one will work. But do talk to the engineers at Klotz on the proper oil for high nitro. And they will give you a formula to use on the percent of nitro you will use. That's what I did 30 years ago.

Klotz Super Techniplate 80/20 is the only way to go in my opinion... We have been mixing with Klotz for 22 years..

3021307-inline-fb-thumbsup-printpackaging.jpg

I will be testing Novarossi's synthetic/castor blend soon. Low acidity castor is preferred and is what Novarossi recommends and uses in their 1T3 Turbo Lubrication. Stay tuned........

1T3.jpg

Either one will work. But do talk to the engineers at Klotz on the proper oil for high nitro. And they will give you a formula to use on the percent of nitro you will use. That's what I did 30 years ago.
KL 200 only rated to 13000rpm. KL 100 unlimited

Mike,

I never attempted until last spring when my good friend, Kentley Porter, showed me how easy it is to do. I mentioned I did not know how to do it and he walked me through the process step by step, according to what % nitro I wanted to achieve. Since then I have mixed some for testing and SAW use only. One day when I have more time, I want to start mixing all of the fuel that Mike and I need.

For me i have nothing but time .but no money so im gonna do it for me maybe some district guys if they have interest. I have previously mixed it for my funny car and drag boat

You will need a set of polypropylene metric graduated cylinders for accurate measurement of volume, in 1000 ml, 250 ml, and 100 ml sizes, available from McMaster-Carr. And ditto on Klotz Techniplate and their Benol castor or Super Techniplate.

Well I don't know about KL 200 only being good for 13000 rpm. The trick is to run more oil. The engineers at Klotz told me 22% back in the day of the KL 200 because castor would not stay supended in high nitro. The high nitro would cause the parts of the bean to clump together. This is those little white thinks that will float around in your fuel and stop your filters up. Now with 22% oil it does not lower the nitro, it lowers the methanol. It will raise the nitro content a little. There is another little thing that a castor blend does. Those little clumps that do get to pass thru will cause the balls in the bearings to skid a little. This will shorten the bearing life and will make the bearings rough. But castor is good for lean runs.

I use 60% nitro 18% oil and I add 12oz of klotz KL100 to every 5 gallons I mix. My engines look like new inside when I tear them down.

Julian

I knew this would turn into a spiting contest. I am just telling what I was told by the Klotz engineers 30 years ago. And the reason I looked to them was I burned two OPS 90 up running Red Max in the 80's. Talk to Bob Murphy and he gave me the same information because Red Max had quit using Klotz oil. Now it has work for me and make my motors last a long time with no bearing or other problems. And my stuff don't run to bad.

Latest posts

Back