Hydrophobic coating

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very interesting. I wonder what handling effects if any would be seem by treating a hull surface with it?

That is very interesting. I wonder what handling effects if any would be seem by treating a hull surface with it?
Interesting thought.

After seeing the first few scenes it made me wonder with the water forming balls and running away would it force a ride pad to lift off the water too much?

Like running on marbles.

Interesting - what about coating the inside of a crankcase or the cooling head? Corrosion, especially in salt water might be eliminated assuming you still get good heat transfer.

Glenn

Interesting - what about coating the inside of a crankcase or the cooling head? Corrosion, especially in salt water might be eliminated assuming you still get good heat transfer.

Glenn
Taken from their website: "Working temperature ranges from -30°F to 300°F. Ideal for use on cinder blocks, bricks, concrete trucks, boots and footwear, stairs, railings, clothing/apparel, fall protection, engines, building supplies, outdoor seating, gloves, electric motors, HVAC and more."

I plan to coat the inside of my beer mug so I can get every last drop out. Bring some to AZ. Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a few comments about this stuff on a different site from people that had also watched that video. I got a kick out of what they said.

First comment was: "I bet it causes cancer"

The next person wrote: "I bet if you coat your organs in it, cancer slides right off."

:lol:

One thing you need to keep in mind about something this "slick" is ( in my opinion ) if you do coat the bottom of your mono or hydroplane with anything like this is 1) Yes, it will probably decrease drag with the water and 2) Yes, you will lose a lot of controlability just trying to drive the boat. Think about it. You have to have a certain amount of drag between the boat and the water to maintain any kind of control with the boat. Ask anyone who has ever waxed the bottom of a mono hull or the sponsons of a hydroplane ( full sized or an R/C ) and they will tell you how big of a NO-NO it is. I personally can't see where this miracle slick stuff would be any different. And that's all I have to say about that.............

Dick Tyndall

Good point Dick.Been there and try that no good at all.

Dave

I plan to coat the inside of my beer mug so I can get every last drop out. Bring some to AZ. Doug
And THAT is why I am going to miss racing with you guys out there! :lol:

I am going to try and hit the Badger land a few times this season with you clowns! Safe travels to you guys and have fun.

Later,

Ball

And THAT is why I am going to miss racing with you guys out there! :lol:

I am going to try and hit the Badger land a few times this season with you clowns! Safe travels to you guys and have fun.

Later,

Ball
We'll have a freshly coated mug waiting for ya!

Back