Need Help Finding a Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Markese

Supporting Member
I had asked this question a few weeks back and unfortunately didn't get any help, so I'm trying again...I know I may be the only one out there running the OS .46 VX-M, and I really can't justify why I am. Suffice it to say that I'm new into this hobby, and what I do obviously doesn't always make sense. I'm not a racer...I just like to play, and I need help finding a tuned pipe for the OS .46 VX-M which is mounted in a .45 Cajun Bullet rigger hull. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

OS says I need to run a .67-.90 sized pipe or else risk damage to the engine. Possibly this is just the warning from an overly cautious manufacturer. I don't know.

Does anyone have any experience with the OS .46 VX-M? If so, what tuned pipe worked for you? PLEASE let me know.

Thanks.

The new AB 45 XTS would be a good pipe for the OS 46.
http://www.cmdracing.com/updated/tuned_pipes.htm
Andy, THANK YOU for responding. Can you give me a little more help in regards to why OS is saying NOT to run a .45 pipe with the .46 VX-M engine, and yet, you're suggesting that I run the AB 45 XTS? Would the new AB 67 be a better choice given OS's warning, or is their warning just plain hogwash?

Pete,

That is a crock about the 67 or 80 pipe. The 45 pipe from CMDi,OPS,or CMB would all

be good choices.

Carry On,

Mark Sholund

Pete,

I ran a MACS 45 nitro pipe for a number of years with the OS 46. Also works quite well and easy to find and keep a needle.

Pete,
I ran a MACS 45 nitro pipe for a number of years with the OS 46. Also works quite well and easy to find and keep a needle.
Pete,

I ran the OS 45 VRM for a long time and I used the Macs 45 & 11 CC airplane pipe both worked well dependant upon the water and air temp of what pie I used . The 45 pipe Was much easer to tune. with a 1457 octura prop.

Walt Barney

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody...I appreciate all of the feedback. You've given me the needed kick I was looking for in regards to ignoring the warning from OS on having to run a .67 to .90 sized pipe with the OS .46 VX-M engine. Since he was so nice to respond, I think I'll just go ahead and try Andy's new AB 45 XTS pipe a go and see what happens. Thanks again.

Back