sport 21 hull kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Hey guys,

I'm working on yet another sport 21 hull. I'm going back to wood. No more epoxy, boat just wasn't the same. There are two scratch built 21's that run here in norcal that are more like outriggers than sport boats. They are legal in terms of namba rules. These boats are very fast, and would give many a hydro's a run for their money. I have started a boat and will test in a couple weeks. If testing goes well, I will be producing laser cut kits. With carbon canard and epoxy cowl. The pay n pac runs good, but nothing outside of a rigger will run with Jim wilson's. That is a one off with no chance of getting one. My latest model will be very similar. I prefer the style I started with (similar to the pay n pac)... But you gotta keep up with the latest things. Stay tuned for more info.

Bob Tuttle namba 276

[email protected] Email me for some early picks

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, got some good news at work......we no longer work on Sundays so I'm finally going to start building a

Sport 21 I drew up.

The bad news was I have to work on Saturdays now so if I want to keep racing my Sat boats I'll have to take vacation or personal days off.......sucks :(

Hey guys,

I'm working on yet another sport 21 hull. I'm going back to wood. No more epoxy, boat just wasn't the same. There are two scratch built 21's that run here in norcal that are more like outriggers than sport boats. They are legal in terms of namba rules. These boats are very fast, and would give many a hydro's a run for their money. I have started a boat and will test in a couple weeks. If testing goes well, I will be producing laser cut kits. With carbon canard and epoxy cowl. The pay n pac runs good, but nothing outside of a rigger will run with Jim wilson's. That is a one off with no chance of getting one. My latest model will be very similar. I prefer the style I started with (similar to the pay n pac)... But you gotta keep up with the latest things. Stay tuned for more info.

Bob Tuttle namba 276

[email protected] Email me for some early picks
Hey Bob,

You very right about Mr. Wilson’s sport .21. I tried to beg, borrow, and steal to get the designer of his boat to make me one.

You know that got me nowhere. :lol:

I'd be interested to see what you got cooking up there.

:)

-Buck-

Bob,

I'm an FE racer, but I'll likely be interested in a kit when you get them ready. The sport 21 hulls are perfect for our 18 cell sport hydro class. I just set the Namba 18 cell SAW record at 80.78mph using an H&M Sport 21 hull. The glass boats that are out there are too flexible with the weight of the batteries and motors we run (~4 lbs of motor and battery). A properly reinforced wood hull should be more consistent and tunable.

Brian Buaas

Anthony, I hoping to get this boat in the water in 2-3 weeks. after that if things go well I could have kits available quickly. Laser cut birch ply and epoxy cowl( maybe carbon fibre) Spring time could be realistic. haven't thought about price yet, depends on laser cutting. Kind of thinking 250.00. we'll see. first I need to finish the proto. STAY TUNED!

Bob Tuttle namba276

p.s. That boat that Dave Hilton races in district 19 placed 2nd in 2000 and was stolen in Feb. 2001 at our first race. A total blow out at manteca. stloen at a motel 6. "we'll leave the light on fer ya"

It was spotted on ebay in 2002 and sold to Rusty Campbell.

Back